WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post this. It seems that Fortis is finding its groove, first with the new Fliegers and now with the Marinemaster. I really like the M-40 (at 40 mm), as compared with the M-44 (which is 44 mm). In a field of derivative vitange watches, this is actually unique. Love the rubber strap too. I'm beyond sick of manufacturers offering dive watches with leather straps.

I may order one.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I got the newsletter today and was like wow! Fortis under new management is on a roll! My wife agrees that the amber orange colorway is the pick of the bunch (even though it's only available in 44mm).

While I love how the pattern on the dial is repeated on the rubber strap, I would buy mine on their awesome new block bracelet.

Lastly, I don't mind the HEV - I own an SMP 300m after all - but the hooded lugs are a bit controversial in my book, even though they definitely add to the uniqueness of this watch.

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Rectangle

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
What a great line - I really like what they've done with these watches.

I selfishly do wish the amber orange was offered as an M-40, but that's ok. The M-40 colors are also very nice

Hidden lugs is definitely a bit controversial but I have nothing against is - I actually think it looks great on this watch. People are also going to complain about the 21mm lugs but I've already started amassing many bands for my F-39s..

Bravo...can't wait to see what it next.

- Luc

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent an e-mail to Fortis, asking a number of questions about -- including whether you can use the orange strap on the M-40 as both the M-44 and M-40 take 21 mm straps. Should be ok, if they will sell it. Would work with the gray dial.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
The new Marinemaster line is quite sharp looking. However, I do wonder about the longevity of the recycled steel components

1 - 12 of 12 Posts