WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am a new member here and new to the watch hobby. I recently just picked up my 1st two decent watches(low-mid level). I ordered some new straps and swapped them on today and figured I would snap some shots. The 1st is a 42mm Laco purchased here(thanks A) and the second is a Marathon "SAR" 2006 contract. This is a dangerous hobby I can tell already. In my sights are a Sinn U1 and a couple of the Ball models:) Thanks to all the valuable info I have picked up here recently just reading.

I have not decided if I prefer the black rubber on the Marathon or a leather strap. I am not really a bracelet guy. All opinions and comments welcome.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Welcome, nice to have you. To your question IMO the black rubber would compliment the Marathon better, but looks great either way.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Welcome aboard Kali77. You picked a couple of nice ones to start out with. I hadn't seen a wrist shot of that Laco before. I really like it. Another choice of straps that I like a lot on "military" style watches are the Nato and Zulu straps. They are inexpensive ($12-$16), very comfortable and provide an extra measure of security. They are one piece straps that thread through the spring bars thus if one spring bar should break, the watch remains attached by the other one. Here's some wrist shots:
Luminox 8202 on a Bond Zulu:

LM-1 LE on a gray Zulu:

Hamilton on a maroon Zulu:

Finally, an LM-2 on an orange two piece Zulu (not as secure as the one piece but no less so than any other strap):

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hellonasty,

Thank you.

Guido,

Thank you for the great suggestion. I think I will pick a couple to try out. That LM-2 is making me :p

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Laco is a great looking watch.:p

Anyone know if you can get that style (or one without the separate second register) in a ladies size watch?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Welcome, and two very nice watches to start your collection.

The U1 would be a nice addition also. I love everything about mine.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

I just found out I have a Ball AD about 4 miles from my house:) Planning on dropping by this weekend. Could be a new Ball in the works before the Sinn at this point. I suppose it depends if I can get out of the Shop without pulling out my wallet. Unfortunately with the Holidays here it can't be both right now.

Welcome, and two very nice watches to start your collection.

The U1 would be a nice addition also. I love everything about mine.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks.

I just found out I have a Ball AD about 4 miles from my house:) Planning on dropping by this weekend. Could be a new Ball in the works before the Sinn at this point. I suppose it depends if I can get out of the Shop without pulling out my wallet. Unfortunately with the Holidays here it can't be both right now.
If you're like me, you won't make it out with your wallet intact!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Yes, the Ball Watches are very nice. I have an AD 6 blocks from my office but never make the time to stop buy.

And to BlueRidgeMike, beautiful timepiece, not sure I had noticed that in their lineup before. Striking!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts