WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm a new member here, and I'm from Finland. And no, we don't have polar-bears here, just regular ones.

I wanna show you my USSR/CCCP watches. Just Raketas, but I do really love these watches. I'll do my best to write English, and Google Translate is my very good friend for now!

But there are my watches, hope you like.

20150911_121648.jpg 20150911_121702.jpg 20150911_121734.jpg 20150911_121742.jpg

Not many, but I think they all are in such a good shape... and all original, I think?

I bought this pieces second-hand from online-sellers in Finland. 1st one (from left to right) chrome-plated RAKETA/PAKETA Big Zero watch I bought some time ago at garage sale, with some other watches/parts. 2nd Raketa Calendar watch I got from private seller, cost me 10,-€ and nice working condition, just a over-painted scratch at 11 o'lock on dial. Third watch I also got second-hand, nice gold plated RAKETA/PAKETA Big Zero watch.

I love my watches!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great watches, all of them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome! I am also from Finland and it is nice to see other Finnish citizens here.

I really like the look of the Raketa perpetual calender watches, and you have a nice one there!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Wow Finland, welcome. I would love to see some pictures of your watches in the city and landscapes of your country. I love the Big Zero, that watch is timeless.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Tervetuloa, toveri!

Some very nice watches you've got there, congratulations.

My roommate in grad school was Finnish, from Oulu. And when I was living in Tallinn, I made frequent visits to Helsinki. Finland is a wonderful country. And I've never seen a language with more consecutive vowels (Estonian is a close runner up, but still nothing like Finnish). I remember going to sauna and jumping into a frigid lake at 23:00 when it was bright daylight outside. A different world...

Once again, welcome :)

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The Big Zero is a sneaky cool watch. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
A big welcome to the forum Comrade! Great watches all of them - my personal fav is that gold-plated Big Zero, just gorgeous! Wear them all in good health.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Moi!

Wow! Amazing to get replies like that. It's very nice to see that you like these watches. I wear them all almost every week, most wrist-time gets now thet chrome-plated Big Zero...

I have also other watches, Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Leijona etc.

But for now I'm really thinking that I have to get more Raketas and other russian watches, and I think I will sell my SKX007 and get a pair of russians to replace that hole... Maybe Vostok will be next! ??

Hyvää sunnuntaita!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hello again!

My collection is getting little bigger, now with some Russian watches too... some pics, hope you like....

Kiitos, T4VI

P.S. Sorry for large pictures...

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts