WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a new member to the herd today, and what a beast this thing is! Still getting used to the fit as it is different than the rest of the watches in my collection, but thanks to all of the great info I've been reading around here for the last couple weeks I pretty much knew what to expect. Happy with it so far!

rolex_deepsea.jpg

·
Registered
Tudor Pelagos, SARB017 Alpinist, “Dark Knight” Turtle Mod, BFK, SKX781 OM, SKX007 w/ LCBI,
315 Posts
Awesome watch. Congrats!

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
661 Posts
There is something really cool about buying the biggest, baddest, and most rugged watch made by one of the most respected watch brand in the world. I know that is not a great reason to buy one, but hey, so what. I still want one! Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is something really cool about buying the biggest, baddest, and most rugged watch made by one of the most respected watch brand in the world. I know that is not a great reason to buy one, but hey, so what. I still want one! Congrats on the purchase!
Yeah I mostly picked it up for that reason, the tech and the seriously overbuilt design intent is pretty cool, and it's a good fit with my personal style. I have no doubt this one will last longer than I do, and be ready for another round, lol. I also liked the fact that it's one of the few models that will deserve mention in decades to come as a milestone in the history of the brand IMO.

It's overkill in pretty much every way, and certainly not the most comfortable watch I own, but I expected that after reading other's opinions here about the smaller bracelet and heavy case design. I'm a big guy with 8" wrists so I figured I could pull it off without it looking massive on me (the closeup pic I posted is very misleading in that regard, I have a ton of wrist left over on both sides of the lugs looking down from the top). I do wish the case back could have been designed a bit flatter, if not for that one detail this watch could be my every day wear. I'm not used to such a heavy watch sitting this high on the wrist with the case sides floating above my wrist, but I absolutely love everything else about it.

I've been on the hunt for the new SD43 as that one seems ideal for me for many reasons, but the prices and lack of inventory out there just wasn't working right now. Figured I could grab this one for a much better deal currently, and get back to the SD43 when the market for it calms down a little bit. I've also heard some speculation that the Deepsea could be discontinued, and if that was to happen I'd feel really good about having one in the collection. All in all, I'm really digging it!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Nice watch but you might consider wearing it farther back on your wrist. Looks uncomfortable with the crown digging into your hand. Usually a better idea to wear the bracelet behind the wrist bone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice watch but you might consider wearing it farther back on your wrist. Looks uncomfortable with the crown digging into your hand. Usually a better idea to wear the bracelet behind the wrist bone.
I do, just had it low with my hand cranked at a weird position to grab a shot, I'm not very good at this whole one handed cell phone pic taking thing, lol!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I do, just had it low with my hand cranked at a weird position to grab a shot, I'm not very good at this whole one handed cell phone pic taking thing, lol!
Good. If I could pull that watch off, I'd get one. I love my 16610 Sub but the Sea Dweller is a bit big on my 6.5" wrist.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts