WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

........to help feed the trolls! bring your own shovel!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
:) I think the recent troll activity surge may soon get out of line (pardon the pun).

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I agree. Relentless, pointless activity. I think the best way to get rid of a troll is to quit feeding the troll. From now on, If my suspicions are high, then I'm just not going to comment in the thread. Ignore the thread and it gets burried quickly.

·
Registered
521 Posts
big +1

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Please note that the moderators are currently running checks on new members. Sometimes 'issues' are immediately obvious, sometimes they take a while to emerge.

What we must not do is rush to judgement. When in doubt, I would rather keep a watching brief than risk taking action against an innocent party. We are a welcoming forum and ultimately these periods pass.

Reactions: Wojo

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please note that the moderators are currently running checks on new members............................

We are a welcoming forum and ultimately these periods pass.
.............my thinking was maybe limit the new member bashing,
post new member skepticism in this thread giving them the benefit of the doubt! but at the same time warning lukers/trolls that "BS" "SCAMS" and "FAKES" are better left out of this forum!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Yeah the relentless pointless activity... like dancing stick figures... LOL

Sorry, had to LOL.

But seriously, please no more sticky's. They really clutter the top of the page. I say let the mod team do their thing. The mods are very good about discussing possible "threats". Its what we do into the late hours of the evening and something we take very seriously.

Plus, those of us who have been around for far too long have seen this sort of thing come and go. It happens from time to time. The thing about most trolls is that (as correctly stated) if you dont feed them they go pester others.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I'm amused by how iChris keeps making these hilariously stupid mistakes and giving himself away. The Canon logo in the picture, Macy's in the UK, Spanish in Brazil, etc. Poor fella just doesn't seem very bright. I'm wondering how much time he's spent creating new accounts and thinking of new cover stories that last only a few hours :-d

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'm amused by how iChris keeps making these hilariously stupid mistakes and giving himself away. The Canon logo in the picture, Macy's in the UK, Spanish in Brazil, etc. Poor fella just doesn't seem very bright. I'm wondering how much time he's spent creating new accounts and thinking of new cover stories that last only a few hours :-d
He is a 16 year old teenager as far as I can tell from his last attempt, or maybe even younger, which explains his mistakes. Although his choice of words sometimes don't reflect his young age. On the other hand, I had a feeling that all the poor alibis are actually intentional. He did issue an open challenge to us to figure him out and that he has prepared at least a dozen spare nicknames. Is it possible for an IP ban on this site? Because I think I won't feed him anymore. He is not that important.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
^ There are some trolls who get caught and then become obsessed with trying to "beat the system," seeing if they can sneak on board and not be noticed. But, the allure of starting another baiting post is too great and they succumb, starting another false ramble. Because they're pretty idiotic by nature, they end up giving themselves away through various cues, get caught, and get banned again.

There are of course innocent members who wander onto the board and start asking the most obvious or ambiguous questions before doing any reading first, especially of the FAQ's. What ALL members must do is give them a wide berth. Do not patronize or "feed" them. Point them to FAQ's and leave it at that. Of course, a lot of people here want to help, and so it's hard to resist. The biggest problem is the "What's the most beautiful G-Shock" kind of thread, because every proud owner enjoys an opportunity to "strut their stuff". And then the newbie or pseudo troll gets satisfaction, because they got a lot of attention to a thread they started, fueling their joy and need to post more innocuous threads. It's just like the drug problem... you can shore up the borders and try keeping the smugglers out, but the real problem is the demand... get rid of that, and then there's "what drug problem?" ;-)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Agree with the above poster, start also banning the people who keep replying and arguing with these jerks, it's the only reason they keep doing it. Some of the troll threads have 25+ responses. Just ignore them. Otherwise, you see all the responses and waste your time thinking it's a legit thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.