WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My name is Frederic and I'm glad to join this community. I am a mechanical engineer by training and I work for a Swiss research institute called CSEM. You may have never heard of CSEM but many innovations in the watchmaking industry were born in the crazy minds of our researchers. To name a few public examples: the quartz wristwatch (yes, it was ironically a Swiss invention...), the silicon hairspring, or the photovoltaic dial found in the Tissot T Touch Connect Solar.

I do not intend to post daily but I'll be happy to share and discuss some innovation insights, from our institute and beyond. Hopefully, I can find some tech nerds here who crave new technologies and innovations in the watch world.

Besides my engineering mind, I do love to bake, especially crazy birthday cakes for my little ones. Feel free to share recipes with me!

Happy Thanksgiving to the people celebrating it and have a lovely end of the week!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Welcome Frederic. Thank you for a great introduction. This may not be relevant to you, yet, but it is so good to see a first poster say hello and and share something about themselves rather than the all too frequent, "is this watch a fake?" Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

·
Premium Member
40,781 Posts
Welcome and enjoy this forum.

Besides watches, we all like to talk about pastries as well........

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
No more pastries!!! Let's discuss Rolex some more instead.

(My wife is a pastry chef, and for some strange reason, i am 6kg above race weight, with no signs of it coming down).

·
Registered
37,450 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Your knowledge of pastries, sorry I mean watches, will be invaluable to us all 🤩

·
Registered
731 Posts
Where's the pastries? you can't tease us like that!
Oh right, where are my manners? Welcome of course to WUS!

Reactions: Peteworrall
1 - 20 of 41 Posts