WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New member here - Innovation and French pastries

4K views 63 replies 41 participants last post by  FLoizeau 
#1 ·
Hello!

My name is Frederic and I'm glad to join this community. I am a mechanical engineer by training and I work for a Swiss research institute called CSEM. You may have never heard of CSEM but many innovations in the watchmaking industry were born in the crazy minds of our researchers. To name a few public examples: the quartz wristwatch (yes, it was ironically a Swiss invention...), the silicon hairspring, or the photovoltaic dial found in the Tissot T Touch Connect Solar.

I do not intend to post daily but I'll be happy to share and discuss some innovation insights, from our institute and beyond. Hopefully, I can find some tech nerds here who crave new technologies and innovations in the watch world.

Besides my engineering mind, I do love to bake, especially crazy birthday cakes for my little ones. Feel free to share recipes with me!

Happy Thanksgiving to the people celebrating it and have a lovely end of the week!

#12 ·
No more pastries!!! Let's discuss Rolex some more instead.

(My wife is a pastry chef, and for some strange reason, i am 6kg above race weight, with no signs of it coming down).

#14 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Your knowledge of pastries, sorry I mean watches, will be invaluable to us all 🤩

#24 ·
Welcome

#26 ·
Hello!

My name is Frederic and I'm glad to join this community. I am a mechanical engineer by training and I work for a Swiss research institute called CSEM. You may have never heard of CSEM but many innovations in the watchmaking industry were born in the crazy minds of our researchers. To name a few public examples: the quartz wristwatch (yes, it was ironically a Swiss invention...), the silicon hairspring, or the photovoltaic dial found in the Tissot T Touch Connect Solar.

I do not intend to post daily but I'll be happy to share and discuss some innovation insights, from our institute and beyond. Hopefully, I can find some tech nerds here who crave new technologies and innovations in the watch world.

Besides my engineering mind, I do love to bake, especially crazy birthday cakes for my little ones. Feel free to share recipes with me!

Happy Thanksgiving to the people celebrating it and have a lovely end of the week!
Nothing like a Tropezienne - one of my favorite French Pastries. MMM - can't find any in the USA - Closest was in Quebec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.