WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Member Introduction

1K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  WatchlordUK 
#1 ·
Hello all,

New member here, been a lurker for the 6 or 7 months I’ve been in this hobby. I think it’s safe to say I have the bug, much to the chagrin of my wife…but she’s coming around, and even has a few pieces herself.

In any case, I’ve learned a lot from this Forum so far, and would be honored to participate in some discussion and partake in some additional learning. I’ve found that although I think the “special“ things I tote around on my wrist are cool and noteworthy, the amount of times I’ve had the “hey, nice watch” comment and ensuing conversation I can count on one hand! I think I’ve started that conversation 10 times more than someone has mentioned it to me. So, I guess I’m searching for like-minded individuals and deeper, interesting discussions. I hope you’ll have me.

My interests (so far) include mainly divers and field watches, as well as vintage-looking pieces (taboo, I know, but I dig ‘em). I seemingly gravitate toward Seikos from entry through mid-Prospex/Presage. Currently wearing a Squale T-183 in blue-zebra as I type this.

Fun fact about me in this hobby….before I started in, I actually visited the Junghans factory and museum in Germany on an invite…I wish I had the passion then like I do now, as I think it would have appreciated it more!

Anyway, thanks for reading this far, and looking forward to getting to know you all.

-FT

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.