WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New member - new watch Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm

9K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  chainy75 
#1 ·
Hi
This I my first post in this forum. I'm by the way from Denmark.

I few months back I bought the Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm with rubber strap.
I have a 6.5" wrist, but I love the look of the 45.5mm with rubber strap, and think I goes very well with a small wrist.

I'm a big James Bond fan, so I went down to my AD to look on the 42mm with bracelet, as the one worn in Quantum of solace.

I don't know if any other PO owners has had this feeling. But as I tried the watch on my wrist. The 42mm felt like a ladies watch on my wrist.
Is there anyone else that has this feeling with the 42mm? So now i'm considering just to buy a bracelet for my 45.5mm

#2 ·
Welcome Thomas! Congrats on your PO! I like the 42mm for my wrist it looks manly to me :) , but am glad you have found happiness in the larger model. Enjoy your time here and we love pics get your camera out and shoot away!

#4 ·
Thank you jbdan :) I also think it's a matter of who is wearing the watch, for some I looks great with a 42 and some with the 45.5. But some day I will for sure buy the 42, maybe the orange with leather strap ;)

About the pictures, my girlfriend and I have a plan about buying a camera tomorrow, then I will post some pictures ;) The camera in the mobile phone dosen't have the picture quility the PO deserves ;)

I had the same feeling, too. My wrist is 7 inches and when I tried the 42mm SS, it felt small, which was weird because my speedy pro doesn't seem small at all when I wear it. Then, I tried the 45.5mm and that was bit too big to be used as a dress watch.
Your right the 45.5 dosen't have the size for dress wear. But for a everyday wear I think it looks great ;) With size do you perfer?

#5 ·
I myself have a 6.75" wrist, and am in the process of deciding which size to go with. Can I pull off the 45? Sure. But The 42 fits better. Congrats, welcome and we all look forward to some pics!

#6 ·
Your right, it also fit me better the first time I wear the 42 on. But after a couple of hours with the 45.5 on, it was sure it was the right choose for me :) But I also love the elegant look of the 42.

And thanks ;), looking forward to posting some pictures tomorrow, and giving my review of the watch :)

#8 ·
Congrats on a fine addition to your collection. On my 7 inch wrist I felt that the 42mm PO on the bracelet felt better proportioned. The 45mm felt a little too large for me on the bracelet, but on the rubber strap was acceptable. I am glad you are happy with your purchase and look forward to some pics. Enjoy. :-!

Len

#12 ·
#15 ·
Hi
This I my first post in this forum. I'm by the way from Denmark.

I few months back I bought the Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm with rubber strap.
I have a 6.5" wrist, but I love the look of the 45.5mm with rubber strap, and think I goes very well with a small wrist.

I'm a big James Bond fan, so I went down to my AD to look on the 42mm with bracelet, as the one worn in Quantum of solace.

I don't know if any other PO owners has had this feeling. But as I tried the watch on my wrist. The 42mm felt like a ladies watch on my wrist.
Is there anyone else that has this feeling with the 42mm? So now i'm considering just to buy a bracelet for my 45.5mm
I have a 6.5" wrist. After a long hesitation between a 42 and 45 on SS, I took the 42 thinking it was enough and the 45 would be too big..

After two months, I regretted my choice, kept thinking about the 45 everyday, so ended up selling the 42, and bought a 45 on SS.

Very happy with the change. I would never go back to the 42... The 45 has so much presence. Try the 45 on SS it is likely to fit if you are fine with the rubber already.

It has been said many times, but you need to take into consideration wrist shape, as well as size... 6.5" with a flat wrist may end-up fitting better a 45 than 7" with a round one...

Check these threads for photos of the 45 vs 42 on my 6.5 wrist :

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=279687
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=297524

Hope it helps.

#16 · (Edited)
Thanks i'm glad that you have it just like me :)
The first couple of times I went to the AD, I was in love with the 42, and the day I went down to buy the 42, I ended up buying the 45.5.

Just like you said, I have a flat wrist, which make the watch look much better ;)

And after looking at your pictures with the 42 and 45 on your wrist, the 45 fits you much better! And also have a more flat and smooth look ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.