WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :-!

I am a new member to the forum. As some of you may (or may not) have noticed, I am selling my Breitling on the for sale section as well.

I just want to introduce myself to everyone.

Here are several watches from my collection:

PAM 292

PAM 282

PAM 000

GF and I with the watches

Even wrote a little about it here on my blog

:thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome to the forum Pammy. Love the collection :-!

Thinking of a Base or a Rad to add to my collection as well. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum Pammy. Love the collection :-!

Thinking of a Base or a Rad to add to my collection as well. :)
I really like the sandwich dial design, which is one of the reason I got the Black Seal Ceramic. The other reason was the Ceramic and the Titanium case do not scratch nearly as easily as the Stainless steel.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awesome collection and welcome to the forum, Pammy. Great pieces that you have there. I'm still a traditionalist - I love the 000 - what an awesome piece.

James

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you! I have decided that I prefer simplicity over complexity, which is why I have now favored PAMs over other timepieces. I actually had to go all over the world to buy some of those PAMs.

The only issue I have with the Base Logo is that it's not self winding, the cap over the screw makes it fairly difficult to wind on a daily basis.

Here are a couple more in my collection:

My first "nice" watch Omega Seamaster

Breitling Navitimer Montbrilliant Datora (for sale)

I am selling the Breitling because it's a big too big for my gf. I have already "passed down" the Omega Seamaster and the PAM 282 to her. 40mm fits her perfectly.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yeah I'd say your Black Seal and Base Panerai are about as polar opposite as you can get from that Breitling. That sucker is bizzy! I went the same way. I used to love chronographs and the more movements the better. Now I prefer the simplicity of just time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'd say your Black Seal and Base Panerai are about as polar opposite as you can get from that Breitling. That sucker is bizzy! I went the same way. I used to love chronographs and the more movements the better. Now I prefer the simplicity of just time.
That and the simplicity and big numbers of the Panerai are much easier on my eyes! :-d

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I have already "passed down" the Omega Seamaster and the PAM 282 to her. 40mm fits her perfectly.
My wife has taken to wearing my 024K as well as my Sea Dweller. I have three more inbound, and I fully expect her to be wearing at least two of those three watches on a regular basis, also. Her Rolex Oyster Date quite frankly looks too small on her, anyway (she is almost six feet tall).

And it gives me an excuse to buy more watches (it's for US, honey) ... LOL.

James

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
My wife has taken to wearing my 024K as well as my Sea Dweller. I have three more inbound, and I fully expect her to be wearing at least two of those three watches on a regular basis, also. Her Rolex Oyster Date quite frankly looks too small on her, anyway (she is almost six feet tall).

James
Hey James,
I thought you were down sizing!!! ;-)

Stay well !

Marty

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

James
Nice accomplice to have :-! My gf is only about 5'5 and anything bigger than a 40mm looks awkwardly big on her wrist.

I wasn't planning on buying the 282, but it was hard for me to say, "no, we don't have money for the 282 for you but I'm going to buy the 292 right in front of you, on our vacation together."

I ended up buying two PAMs that day...

Welcome Pammy & Great Pic's!!!! I use to be into all that chronograph style, but I have found it just too busy for my taste. Btw, nice blog!!!!

Cheers!
Same here! The Breitling was the first nice watch I bought (the Omega was a graduation present). At the time, I was into the complications.

My main issue is after my collection of watches started to grow is that the simple movements were just easier to switch around since all I need to do is set the time of day and wind it up.

With the Breitling, I have to go through the ritual of setting the Day of Week, Date of month, Month, etc... usually takes me at least 15 minutes. Plus the Breitling gets a bit too much attention at times when I want to remain relatively low key. I have not gotten around to getting a winder yet since I decided to sell the timepiece. Nothing like having a random girl chat me up about my Breitling (there are a lot nicer watches, and my Breitling isn't one of them, but the Breitling is just more eye catching and shiny) and getting the stare of death from my gf. I would rather pass on the watch and save myself! :-d

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome and what a collection to make a huge introduction.

You have a nice array of PAMs. :-! I bet your GF is waiting for a PAM for herself.
Thank you! You have quite a collection yourself.

My gf now has her own PAM, I purchased her the 282 when I bought the 292 for myself. The 40mm is too small for my wrist but perfect for her. :-!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW, why is the server for the forum so slow? Takes 5 minutes for my response to register or for anything to load!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
With the Breitling, I have to go through the ritual of setting the Day of Week, Date of month, Month, etc... usually takes me at least 15 minutes. Plus the Breitling gets a bit too much attention at times when I want to remain relatively low key. I have not gotten around to getting a winder yet since I decided to sell the timepiece. Nothing like having a random girl chat me up about my Breitling (there are a lot nicer watches, and my Breitling isn't one of them, but the Breitling is just more eye catching and shiny) and getting the stare of death from my gf. I would rather pass on the watch and save myself! :-d
Nothing like a womens scorn!!!! Enjoy the toys and keep the gf Happy! b-)

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I'm not getting notifications of posts the past week or so, is that part of the issue they're working on?
I believe so. I don't think Ernie has said anything yet to the entire forum membership. However, I'm sure that when the problems are resolved, he'll post a public message. Until then, we need to be patient and trust that he's working very hard to set things straight. After all, he has made the largest investment in time, effort, and money in to this web site.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Welcome Pammy, I like your style, and your GF's style. great collection. I have the Havana Datora as well, and I love it, its great in formal wear.

Cheers, Jay

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.