WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
It's been some time I've read this forum, but it's my first post here - so please be nice to the new guy ;-) It's because of you guys I went out and recently got myself a new SRP043K (always wanted a diver's watch).
Here are a few pictures of my new watch (I replaced the SS bracelet with 24mm leather strap I bought from Ebay, notched to 20mm. Not sure I like the buckle though :-s) :

·
Registered
20,564 Posts
Nice watch, how does it keep time ?

You may want to find a genuine Seiko buckle instead :)

·
6,884 Posts
Welcome aboard Olegis:-!

Congrats on the new Seiko diver, I think it's about time I order one of these for myselfb-)

BTW: That strap looks very cool:-!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Welcome back! The Spork is an excellent choice, great looking watch!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum new guy.

The spork is very nice and I might get one, its a tie between this and the Seiko SKA371 aka BFK. both are about the same size. Where did you get that strap. Did you cut it to fit the lugs or did it come that way. I love the buckle, that's what currently in style. Check the strap sponsors her at WUS, They can be very expensive.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I actually like the buckle.

Nice combo. I plan to do something like that if and when I do get a Spork myself. Makes it a lot dressier and generally nicer on the wrist.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys ;-)

I like this watch a lot, it looks very nice on the wrist (at first it seems big, but on the wrist it actually seems smaller than it really is).

It also keeps excellent time - about +2~+3 seconds a day (I check the time every day while going to work, more or less at the same hour). At first the watch was going +6~+7 seconds a day (I wore it for about 12-13 hours a day and then set it to rest with the face up). Then I tried to "adjust" the time by setting the clock to rest at night in different positions and finally found out that the best one is with the face down.

The strap is just a plain simple strap from Ebay (the seller's name is hitata2009). The width is 24mm, so I used a sharp knife (Xacto would be ideal for this task) to cut the edges and then some file just to make it look smooth.

I think that after trying this strap I want something narrower, about 20-22mm maybe, with finer stitching and maybe a deployment clasp - these will make the watch look "dressier" (or, at least I think so :)). The current combination works good with "casual" style of dressing, but it looks not so good with shirt. Or, maybe I just will put back the SS bracelet (which, by the way, is of excellent quality and also look very nice).

Here are a few more pictures :

·
Registered
20,564 Posts
The strap & buckle you bought from eBay is for Panerai homage watches (the buckle is V-shaped), it's the wrong buckle for your Seiko.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The strap & buckle you bought from eBay is for Panerai homage watches (the buckle is V-shaped), it's the wrong buckle for your Seiko.
Yep, I was aware of that. Both looked very nice from the pictures, I just didn't realize that the buckle was so big.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
congrats on the Spork :-! it's been on my radar for over 6 mos. now and i still have not pulled the trigger o| it's a tossup between that and a Hamilton Mechanical Officer as to my next purchase

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice watch. Liked that leather strap. |>
Mine is still waiting for me to pick it up at the post office over the weekend.:-(

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome to the forum Olegis. And congrats on your new SPORK. I just picked mine up this past week. I'm really liking your new strap combo. This would be my first choice after I swap out the rubber. I actually prefer the wider strap, but that buckle might be a tad too big. Although I've seen that buckle with a submarine cut into it, that might look coolb-).
SPORK owners unite! Keep 'em comming guys!:-!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.
Actually I did a lousy job with notching the strap - I used a Leatherman tool knife instead of (much sharper) Xacto knife. I hope I'll do better next time :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Olegis, I think that strap looks EXCELLENT with the watch...I'm tempted to do the same. The thickness looks great, complementary to the size of the watch...and that heavy white stitching really goes well with the black & white of the dial & bezel. Like you, I think the buckle is wrong (and definitely wouldn't suit me, I have a little smaller wrist than you) but that should be easy enough to remedy.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice looking combo you have there. That strap looks great.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts