WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Congrats that looks superb, is that a Hirsch liberty strap?
Thanks.
No, it's not a Liberty - it just looks like one :)

keto9 said:
Olegis, I think that strap looks EXCELLENT with the watch...I'm tempted to do the same. The thickness looks great, complementary to the size of the watch...and that heavy white stitching really goes well with the black & white of the dial & bezel. Like you, I think the buckle is wrong (and definitely wouldn't suit me, I have a little smaller wrist than you) but that should be easy enough to remedy.
Yes, the buckle looks very nice in the pictures, but it is just too big in reality.

heboil said:
Any Watchadoo/Anvil pics?
I found some pictures of SKX007 with Anvil bracelet here. Not sure I like this kind of bracelet. Actually the one that came with my SPORK is very good - but I always wanted a leather strap :)

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
The strap & buckle you bought from eBay is for Panerai homage watches (the buckle is V-shaped), it's the wrong buckle for your Seiko.
I think the Pre-V style of buckle looks great on a variety of large, chunky divers. I see nothing wrong with it. Looks nice.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the Forum. Be Forewarned though...I found and joined this forum in 2009...the watch addiction sets in fast.

My Spork says..."FANTASTIC STRAP!"

Spork_alpha1-1.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just scored one via an eBay auction. Got the one with the rubber band. It'll replace a Seiko Quartz diver that is going to be sent for repair.

Looks like a very nice timepiece. Comments on this site led me to it.

And a Steinhart Vintage Red.

And who-knows-what-else before it's over...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think that after trying this strap I want something narrower, about 20-22mm maybe, with finer stitching and maybe a deployment clasp - these will make the watch look "dressier" (or, at least I think so :)). The current combination works good with "casual" style of dressing, but it looks not so good with shirt. Or, maybe I just will put back the SS bracelet (which, by the way, is of excellent quality and also look very nice).
Looks nice with the 24mm strap!
Here is mine on a Di-Modell leather strap, 22mm notched to 20mm. Fits your discription perfectly, smaller stitshing and a little thinner, more 'dressier'.

Reactions: mjoranga

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not a fan of the strap. The 24mm looks too big for the watch. Nice purchase with the Spork. Looking for it to go on sale. Got a Black Monster in the interim. Very much enjoying its unique look.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Big Congrats! The strap fits the watch very well and changes its personality really swell. This is a matter of personal choice, of course, but I think the OEM bracelet would be choice. It makes a great tool watch and versatile enough for the office. Mine says HI!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looks nice with the 24mm strap!
Here is mine on a Di-Modell leather strap, 22mm notched to 20mm. Fits your discription perfectly, smaller stitshing and a little thinner, more 'dressier'.

Thanks Eric !
Very nice strap, but I'm not sure about the buckle though. I'm thinking about a deployment clasp of some kind for that "dressier" look.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Big Congrats! The strap fits the watch very well and changes its personality really swell. This is a matter of personal choice, of course, but I think the OEM bracelet would be choice. It makes a great tool watch and versatile enough for the office. Mine says HI!
Thanks, sixty9ners !
I agree with you, the original bracelet is VERY nice, very solid and good-looking on this watch. I'm still experimenting with leather straps though, trying to find a better look for this watch.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Thanks, sixty9ners !
I agree with you, the original bracelet is VERY nice, very solid and good-looking on this watch. I'm still experimenting with leather straps though, trying to find a better look for this watch.
Hi Olegis, lovin all these SPORK pics lately. I was contemplating a 24mm black sharkskin with white stitch Accessoires · Armbänder 24mm · Sonderband Haifisch - Steinhart Watches(notched down of course) from Steinhart. Or possibly a brown "original joe" from BJStrap. (ridinfool here on the forum)
Also, check out the dive watch forum for "dive watches on leather"

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to WUS and well done for becoming a Spork owner I have had mine a couple of weeks now and love it I have just sent off for a sailcloth with white stitching strap from bradystraps I have seen this combo it looks stunning as does yours I would agree with you on the buckle a tad too big, as for it not looking right with the shirt I think it looks fine I will post pics of mine when the sailcloth strap arrives.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
See what you started Oleg. ;-)
It wasn't me ! Don't you see that I myself am a victim here ? :)

Now that I saw the post about the Spork on eBay, how do I choose between a Spork and 007? Choices choices.
What I did was to try both watches in person and see which one fits me better. But I bought my SPORK locally, it was pure luck to find a store with both models.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Now that I saw the post about the Spork on eBay, how do I choose between a Spork and 007? Choices choices.
I have a Spork and a 009 (Pepsi bezel version of the 007). They are both nice but the Spork has more size, presence on the wrist, and a better movement. Of course, by and large, it is also more expensive.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts