WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m a new member here, just recently registered after a bit of lurking. I’ve owned and worn a wide variety of wristwatches in my 6(+) decades, from Walmart digitals to a Rolex, never thought of any of them as defining me or my character – they are after all, just material things – and never thought of myself as any sort of collector.

What prompted my interest in this forum was receiving a couple of watches as Christmas gifts. One of those gift watches is a Citizen Eco-Drive, #B620-S095824. It’s a nice looking watch, but rather big and heavy. I’ve got a couple of older Citizen watches, analog quartz, that I’ve had for 15-20 yrs old and worn regularly to work. I’m sure neither cost more than $100, but both have been dependable timepieces and I've read/heard good things about the Eco-Drive models.

The second watch is an Invicta #1B143619-002. It’s also a nice looking watch, “All Stainless Steel”, also big and heavy, and I don’t really care for the style. Knowing nothing about the brand I tried searching the net, but could not find that specific model number; however, I was amused to read thru the “I cant find the Invicta fourm” thread here. <g>

I’m still not likely to become a collector – but just becoming aware of the multitude of watch brands and styles out there will probably prompt me to accumulate a few more, and I certainly expect this forum to help me find and select future acquisitions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm a new member also and making my first and second posts today. Relocated back to the States after a few years in Luxembourg. Great to be back and joining this community again.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a bunch of info to be read on WUS. I was not a collector at first. But now I have the bug.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello and welcome!

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,219 Posts
Welcome, and run while you can.

I joined just to ask a few questions about a brand I wasn't familiar with...you can guess how that turned out. ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts