WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Milgauss from my rolex dealer. It is the largest watch that rolex makes(43mm). Great looking watch and its worth the wait. Brian

·
Registered
632 Posts
What a beauty! First real world photo ive seen so far. Congrats:p

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Yeah, I admit I am officially a lot jealous!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The MSRP is $5900. I first heard about the Milgauss in Feb. of 2006 and called eleven dealers and put my name on the top of the list. It is a great watch but it might not be sporty enought for me. I keep it for a while and see what happens. Thanks Brian

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Congratulations on your new Milgauss Brian:-!

Rolex certainly did well to bring out this updated model.

I love the second sweep hand|> Very innovative!

Is the strap a standard issue or does it have a bracelet?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Is the Milgauss not 40mm?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That is a cool Rolex:-! Very nice!

(edited since I was waaaaaay wrong about the lightning hands)

·
Registered
529 Posts
yes thats correct, the new milgauss is not 43mm, its 40mm if u check the specs on the rolex website
Beautiful watch, enjoy and congrats on the new acquision. But they are not 43MM but the standard 40mm. I attached a link to the Rolex web site so you can see for yourself. If the link does not work you can paste it into the address bar or just check out the Rolex site. It plainly states, "40MM" for the Milgauss. =) maverick

http://www.rolex.com/en/collection/rolex-gallery/milgauss/specifications.jsp?model=M116400GV-0001#/en/xml/collection/rolex-gallery/milgauss/specifications|model=M116400GV-0001

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Fantastic watch! I'd like to check out one of those.:)

The lightning strike seconds hand is an original feature of the Milgauss. I don't have any pictures, but there are a couple in Dowling's Rolex book showing two Milgauss circa '54 and '55 with that style of seconds hand.

Edit:

I just found this on the web. Vintage Milgauss with lightning seconds hand:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I love it, for me it could not be in regular rotation as I would scratch the heck out off that beautiful high polish finish. Still want one, but I am told I am on "pause" for a while from the powers that be....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The lightning strike seconds hand is an original feature of the Milgauss. I don't have any pictures, but there are a couple in Dowling's Rolex book showing two Milgauss circa '54 and '55 with that style of seconds hand.

Edit:

I just found this on the web. Vintage Milgauss with lightning seconds hand:

You see that, I was unaware:-d Thank you for pointing that out, I would have never known. I suppose its safe to say that it was very innovative back in the fiftiesb-)

·
Registered
529 Posts
You see that, I was unaware:-d Thank you for pointing that out, I would have never known. I suppose its safe to say that it was very innovative back in the fiftiesb-)
I would have to mortgage my house to afford one of those vintage Milgauss watches. LOL =) maverick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah i agree, they have done a really good job on the Millgaus.[still dont like the polished bit on the braclet though, too Tag Heuer] I live in the U.K, and have my name down for one, although i dont expect to have one on my wrist anytime soon...ENJOY!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts