Thanks for sharing...

Is this Miyota's first 28K beater?

·
Registered
8,827 Posts

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,502 Posts
I wonder how the Miyota 9015 compares to the 28,800 BHP Seiko 6R20 movement?
It's thinner.

Looks like this may be intended as a drop-in alternative to the ETA 2892 and its various Sellita, Sea-Gull etc competitors.

I don't expect this movement to be seen in beater-type watches.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I don't expect this movement to be seen in beater-type watches.
Interesting. If the drop in replacement theory holds true, are we less likely to see this movement show up in a new line of watches as opposed to an existing line? I'm new to collecting so I'm curious to know how the industry responds to the release of such a promising new movement.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Since Citizen now fully owns Bulova, something tells me this new Miyota movement may start showing up in new Bulova watches that currently use older Miyota and/or ETA movements.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,502 Posts
Direct seconds, or indirect as with the 8200 series?
It's hard to make out from the photos, but I think possibly directly-driven seconds i.e. 4th wheel on the central axis and 2nd wheel off-set. This is a good layout for an unstressed very-thin movement. I notice they seem to have put jewelled bearings on mainspring barrel which will also help with the logevity of the movement. Can't figure out the winding mechanism from the photo.

It doesn't looks very service-friendly; but then what would I know? I'm not a watchmaker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts