WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Robust but light through the use of carbon in a material finely woven from thousands of fibres, this makes the new Montblanc StarWalker Ultimate Carbon the perfect writing instrument for people with a passion for innovative and contemporary design. You can find this Montblanc writing instrument, available as Fountain Pen, Fineliner and Ballpoint Pen versions, in the Montblanc Online Boutique or in your nearest Montblanc Boutique.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Nice! Hope the Meisterstück also have full carbon, but currently only carbon and steel combination.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Nice pen, but it's more than double the cost of a regular StarWalker FP. I'll have to compare full specs some time, because even though carbon fiber isn't cheap, it isn't that expensive to account for the price difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just tried the Fineliner / Rollerball out at the Mont Blanc Boutique in Toronto. The pen is very light and glides across the page. It also looks even better in person! However I found the pen too light for my taste. I like my pens to have some weight to them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have the Fineliner version (bottom in the picture) - absolutely love it. Sans cap, it's a very light pen. If you like more weight, screw the cap on the top end.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I found the pen too light for my taste. I like my pens to have some weight to them.
Weight reduction is one of the primary reasons for using carbon fiber as a construction material, so it doesn't surprise me that the pen would be light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts