·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From G-Central.

MR-G 2021: MRG-B1000BA-1A, MRG-B2000B-1A, MRG-B2000R-1A

G-Shock, News
G-Shock MR-G for 2021: MRG-B1000BA-1A, MRG-B2000B-1A, MRG-B2000R-1A
G-Shock announced three new models for the top-of-the-line MR-G series for February 2021 in Asia: the MRG-B1000BA-1A, MRG-B2000B-1A, and MRG-B2000R-1A. These watches feature a navy blue accent color that is inspired by the traditional Japanese “kachi-iro” color symbolizing victory. The color was often used by samurai warriors on their armor and helmets. The MR-G series is made in Japan at the Premium Production Line in the Yamagato Casio factory.

All three models are made of titanium with a deep layer hardening and a diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating for superior protection against scratches. All three also have sapphire glass with a non-reflective coating, Tough Solar power, Multi-Band-6 automatic radio time adjustment, and Bluetooth smartphone link. (The watches can be set up and operated without using Bluetooth at all.)

See the rest of the article here: MR-G 2021: MRG-B1000BA-1A, MRG-B2000B-1A, MRG-B2000R-1A – G-Central G-Shock Watch Fan Blog

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Thanks for posting, Gary!

These are interesting, but I'd have to see them in person, especially with the recently reported alignment issues.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
not really feeling them at all, rather busy and a bit gaudy, tho i get the feeling theyre going to be the ones that look alot better irl, esp. the texturing on the copper one 🧐

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
@GaryK30 , thanks for sharing! I think its great that Casio continues to come up with new regular production MR-G models, not just those ultra-rare and ultra-expensive limited edition runs.

Like @Tetsu Tekubi I'm not really feeling them either. Blue and gold on that dark grey background might be too much for that kind of watch. That's a question of taste. In real life they probably look better. My bigger problems are the following:

- Size of B2000 models: they are in G1000 case and not B1000 case meaning several mms in width, length and worst of all, height (16.9!). They still don't have GPS, only MB6 and bluetooth like the B1000, so there is really nothing justifying the bigger size in my book.

- Hands of the B1000: each and every hand is different. Sword hands on the main dispaly, skeletonized hand on the day of the week subdial, stubby hand on the 24h subdial and wider standard hands on the second timezone subdial. That's the same on all B1000 models so far. Nitpicking, yeah, but on a (most probably) $3,000 watch it would bother me somewhat. The G1000, G2000, even B2000 models seem to be more coherent.

On G-Shock Asia there are some other photos:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I think the MRG-B1000BA-1A, MRG-B2000B-1A would have been very much better without the paint on the bezel.

·
Premium Member
8,158 Posts
These colors just don't work for me. But as others have said, the real life photos could change my opinion a bit.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I dunno, these new MR-Gs are going a bit too garish. I don't think anything will top the G1000 and G2000 lines in terms of aesthetics.

Reactions: Pee Dee

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
The Blue looks horrible, unlike this beauty...

View attachment 15702958
Agreed. This is a G Shock with a hint of Oceanus style in it, while the new ones look like as if they were randomly assembled from the DLC and gold/copper parts bins and then spray-painted with some leftover blue.

·
Premium Member
8,158 Posts
My AD sent some pics. I don't think theyre his, but anyway it still gives you a better idea of what they look like. Still can't say I like that dial much...

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
My AD sent some pics. I don't think theyre his, but anyway it still gives you a better idea of what they look like. Still can't say I like that dial much...
View attachment 15763089

View attachment 15763090

View attachment 15763091

View attachment 15763093
I can't deal with these thick MR-Gs on those rubber straps. They need proper titanium bracelets with locking clasps. The aged finish on the bezel is pretty nice, but there's too much going on with that dial.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I can't deal with these thick MR-Gs on those rubber straps. They need proper titanium bracelets with locking clasps. The aged finish on the bezel is pretty nice, but there's too much going on with that dial.
But what does Casio do? all MRGs with a rubber strap should be sold with an extra Titanium strap, in fact the rubber should be extra !

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Kinda like the one on the rubber strap....MR-G on rubber is not a bad thing!.....pretty much why I got this one:

...and that “aged” bezel is very nice.......blue lettered one, not so much!

my Crack dea,,,I mean AD, is getting one of each...may have to go and take a peek!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts