WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just got myself a nice nighttrain! :) I am trying to find straps and deployant for it as i dont really want to use the original strap. Anyone has good suggestions? How does the rubber strap look on the night train (is it costly?). Lastly, anyone knows where to get a oem ball deployant that'll work with the night train and not cost an arm and a leg.

I live in singapore, so no luck getting from stateside (w/o steep shipping costs)

:thanks
Alvin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what size straps should i be getting? they seem to come in 20mm or 22mm, but the nightrain comes at 21mm. so how?

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi jeff, thanks for the link!

those don ginsler straps look fab, however, what do they mean by 26x22mm or along those lines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup! was really excited about it. i never really considered the NT, more of an aviator person, but was blown away by the DLC. was going to get the 46mm aviator but seemed really large for my wrists. Great to see such a vibrant community here!

i think i might get some don ginslers straps. which dimensions should i be purchasing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ginsler have 21mm straps now, they should fit better right?

anyway, i just had a look at the NT, and am wondering how to change the straps cos there are no pins to push out from the outer surface of the lugs. how did u guys do it?

sorry for asking so many stupid questions!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well to play save, if you get it from shops, get the staff to change for you and stand beside to look and learn. You got the OEM BALL rubber strap, black calf with red stitch strap or steel strap? If it is leather or rubber, put your forklike twister to the edge where the strap and lugs is and gently push toward the center of the strap and lift it when you see the spring bar. Cheers

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
The Ginsler Black Buffalo Panny style that many of us use on the NT comes in a 22...I couldn't find a 21 on the site. It will be fine, worry not.

As for the strap, have your dealer or a jeweler change it if you are not familiar, and maybe he will show you the technique. You wouldn't want to scratch the DLC coating.

ginsler have 21mm straps now, they should fit better right?

anyway, i just had a look at the NT, and am wondering how to change the straps cos there are no pins to push out from the outer surface of the lugs. how did u guys do it?

sorry for asking so many stupid questions!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Ginsler Black Buffalo Panny style that many of us use on the NT comes in a 22...I couldn't find a 21 on the site. It will be fine, worry not.

As for the strap, have your dealer or a jeweler change it if you are not familiar, and maybe he will show you the technique. You wouldn't want to scratch the DLC coating.
oh panny style! i was looking at the regular straps.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Excellent! Very good shots, BTW. Nothing amateurish about them.. |>

CONGRATS!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Congrats nice pick up !!! Great watch !!!
Great pics too!!!:-!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi guys, I just got myself a nice nighttrain! :) I am trying to find straps and deployant for it as i dont really want to use the original strap. Anyone has good suggestions? How does the rubber strap look on the night train (is it costly?). Lastly, anyone knows where to get a oem ball deployant that'll work with the night train and not cost an arm and a leg.

I live in singapore, so no luck getting from stateside (w/o steep shipping costs)

:thanks
Alvin
Looks like you have already received feedback on straps. Here's a little tip in getting stuff shipped over to SG from the US for much lower shipping costs, in case you already didn't know. Citibank SG has tied up with DHL and a service called Borderlinx that lets you take advantage of ground shipping or free shipping within the US by providing you a permanent US address (like a po box but not a po box). From there on, you can choose to consolidate multiple shipments into one, or ship individually taking advantage of lower DHL shipping rates. You need to own and use a Citibank card to avail this service though. Check it out - I have used this service and its quite efficient.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Seen like more and more Singaporen getting BALL. I bump into quite a few people wearing BAll in Lee-gapore. The NT looks great in BALL rubber strap. Give BALL SG a dial and they could hook you up with a deployant strap(But you might or might not need to pay). Mr Scott has a picture of the BALL deployant strap in another forum-WTF. As for BALL sizes of deployant it usually fit 20 to 22 strap. If i am not wrong, BALL has three deployant starp so far for non-metal strap. One is shown in BALL swiss website in Engineer series, the other strap is what mr scott has and the last is what i have which is also used in most of the new BALL watches that feature deployant.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts