WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Nice. So judging from the release dates of those, I suspect we will soon have some official announcement about the new MIIW series...:think:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems that "tough movement" will be the new thing for analog Casio watches. First the GS-1200 and now the new Oceanus models.

Next I guess there will be MRG, GIEZ and MTGs with that movement.

Like the
OCW-T600TD I hope to see more 24 hour stop watches with split function and 24 hour CDT. Like always the new MRG will be missing the CDT, I think :-(

Sibe

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Frankly, those prices are shocking. Based on the MSRP, they have some major competition.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if anybody really needs it but the Tough Movement will be Casio only I think, no competitors ;-)

However, the prices are high, but they are with regard to the OCW-T600TD the same compared to last years price of the OCW-M800TBJ. Prices of the Mantas have been always higher.

Sibe

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've always liked the Oceanus models. I think they are very tasteful and striking. I'm surprised that the Oceanus models don't receive greater attention here.

I don't think Oceanus prices are unreasonable, either. For example, check out the new OCW-T100TD-1AJF. That watch will sell for approximately $350. That is a reasonable price for a titanium watch with multiband-6 atomic timekeeping and the new "tough movement" technology. It also will have solar power and a sapphire crystal. Can any of Casio's competition match all of that for $350? Not to my knowledge.

The fundamental purpose of a watch is timekeeping. What other form of timekeeping offers greater accuracy than a watch that automatically synchs to the official time every night? In this sense, Casio is crushing the competition.

The Manta models are not economical, but the Manta (and the Cachalot) are the top-of-the-line models for Oceanus. The Manta models are ultra-slim. However, there are other Oceanus models that are much more affordable than the Manta models.

Arguably, the OCW-T100TD-1AJF is a great value.

·
Registered
972 Posts
My local dealer has a good number of Oceanus models in stock including the Manta (which I was unaware was released Stateside). I got a nice price on an OCW 600 series identical to this one:

Very nice watch, well finished, and just plain a pleasure to look at. I was originally shooting for the Manta but decided on the 600 series.
Matt

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it really looks like the brand new model OCW-T600TD-1AJF, so the numbering makes kind of sense ;-)

Sibe

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I tend to agree with Dirk. The Oceanus are not bad bang for buck considering the materials used and the finish.

It would not surprise me at all if they out last and out perform many more prestigious brands costing 5-10x the price. :-x

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know if they have been introduced officially by Casio but a few shops (Japan only of course) are selling them already (or taking pre orders).

There will be versions of the OCW-T600TD-1AJF, a black IP one OCW-T600TDB-1AJF (hope this is scratch resistant ;-))

And a different face has the OCW-T600TDC-7AJF

Sibe

·
Registered
835 Posts
I purchased an Oceanus from a forum member this yr. The blue appointments on the dial/second hand is striking. It is by far my favorite watch.:p You can't beat the accuracy, and the light weight feel of titanium is very easy on the wrist. I also own the Citizen Skyhawk titanium.b-) If I had to choose between the two, the Oceanus wins hands down.|> There is only one AD in the entire Phoenix area.o| It is a shame that more stores have not caught on to this series of watches. Instead they all seem to want to compete in the Citizen/Bulova market.:rodekaart

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
It would not surprise me at all if they out last and out perform many more prestigious brands costing 5-10x the price. :-x
I agree my Oceanus is one of my favourite watches. The quality feel is fantastic for the price. The IP coating has been superb as well with no wear and only the lightest of swirls on the buckle. The bracelet is amazing at this price level and puts many more expensive watches to shame.

Mitch

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love my Oceanus OCW-M700, it's my favourite watch! It will hopefully get company by an OCW-T100TD in the near future. ;-)

I also own a Casio Lineage (just like the one in the pic) with multiband 6 and Tough Movement. It's also an awesome watch but it needs a nicer (heavier) bracelet IMHO. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts