WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just won a GL-121. It has timekeeping mode, moon phase, sunrise/sunset, countdown timer, stopwatch, and alarm. All for $16.49 plus $5 shipping. I'm a happy fellow. These are the features I want in a watch (I could do without the moon phase)....and it is yellow!

Does anyone else have a GL-121? What are your impressions of this model...in any color?

(Photo used with permission of original photographer/owner)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Norm
That is a steal! I think I've seen Sjors wear his black one. I know that came in blue too. Well done on finding that bargain. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just won a GL-121. It has timekeeping mode, moon phase, sunrise/sunset, countdown timer, stopwatch, and alarm. All for $16.49 plus $5 shipping. I'm a happy fellow. These are the features I want in a watch (I could do without the moon phase)....and it is yellow!

Does anyone else have a GL-121? What are your impressions of this model...in any color?

(Photo used with permission of original photographer/owner)
Is it used? An in-depth review would be welcomed.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Norm,

It's a great watch for sea life. I use it when I'm going to the beach, although it's a pretty rough time programming it first (you have to find out the local Lunitidal Interval). I have one as a daily beater and one brand new, both in black. I tried to get a yellow one in the past, but always lost those auctions. The yellow ones look cool too, mine are a bit charcoal colored.

These pics makes me feel for summer. This morning it was freezing here for the first time this year.....

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post a review when I've worn the watch for a bit. I did buy it used...on ebay...from a fellow who had sold me several of my watches. He apparently has a collection that he is clearing out, as the watches he offers are pretty much vintage or unusual...all used.

Haven't any idea of how much the watch retailed for...can't find the yellow one for sale on the net.

I'm beginning to understand my wife's fascination of garage/boot sales....its like a treasure hunt...and it takes lots of time.

Nice pictures, Sjors! :p Of course, I live in the desert, so we have lots of "summer", but cold too....our first temperatures below freezing at night were about a month ago. Fortunately, it warms up in the daytime. So why do I need a watch with tide data????

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
So why do I need a watch with tide data????
Ha ha, Norm,

Although my geographical knowledge of the US isn't 100%, I realized you lived in a very warm place. Glad you brought up the question yourself...it will be hard to find the Tucson or Phoenix tide graphs. It's a great watch after all. I wear it at school too, and I don't need a tide graph there either;-),

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts