WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I opened the wallet and got one of these Omega-branded Natos for my Speedy. There happened to be an Omega boutique next to another store I needed to go to, so I got sucked in. Had wanted to check out these straps for a while and asked the guy to see it. First impression is that the quality is on another level from the typical NATO, but is it worth the huge price difference?

The strap looks really cool on the watch, I have to say. The employees and a couple of customers in the boutique were all oohing and ahhing over it when we tried it on.
IMG_2344.JPG
However, on the wrist it looks pretty much like any other NATO. I think the issue with it is that it's a little bulky (the strap itself is about twice as thick as a standard NATO)
IMG_2348.JPG
IMG_2342.JPG
IMG_2340.JPG
I ended up buying it more for curiosity than anything else. It's got a really nice feel and the hardware is really nice, but it's not worth 10 times more than a standard NATO. In fact, when I first put it on, it stuck out and looked really strange, but after wearing it for a day it is starting to break in and crease in the right places. IMO it is a little too thick for my scrawny wrists, but we'll give it a week or so and see how it turns out. The longer I wear it, the better it seems to look and feel. I think it would last a few years of regular wear because the nylon is so thick and tightly woven, so that isn't really a concern. Of course it would have to be washed regularly... In any case, I'd say the verdict from me is that it's really cool, nice strap, but not worth the money for most people.

I'll try to remember to follow up with some pics after it's broken in and less bulky...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Cool, man. I like it. It's the same one I want for my PO2500. I have one for my speedy and it's tip-top (came with the Speedy kit). Good quality for sure. Overpriced of course but we all know that.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Like you, I wasn't hugely convinced first day I wore my Speedy on the NATO but it's definitely loosened and feels and looks much better now.

It's definitely going on my PO when that comes back from service.

·
Registered
792 Posts

I'm not Nato strap expert but it's hands down the best fabric Nato I've ever had. Surprisingly so, in fact. Once it broke in it was just wrist butter. Pairs with the Speedy perfectly but ironically not as good looking on some of my other watches with 20mm lugs like my Explorer II or Nomos Club Datum.

Also yes, its expensive and I was really surprised at the prices. As part of a kit or a second hand its a good deal if you can get it. Every time I visit a boutique they never have any in stock so looks like they are pretty popular despite the prices.

Enjoy it!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone 7

·
Registered
251 Posts
It looks great! You can't go wrong with this combo. I put the exact same strap on my moonwatch several months ago and have not worn it on anything else since.

Reactions: Farlius

·
Registered
792 Posts
I was talking with a sales rep at the Short Hills Mall Omega boutique yesterday and he said they can't keep the Natos in stock. And he said since they the latest Bond poster/teaser debuted the the black-grey combos are everyone's new favorite Omega Nato.

Marketing at work, ;).

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone 7

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So, I've worn this thing for about 5 days now and I've gotta say that I'm feeling better about this purchase each day. Maybe the shock of spending 170 bucks on a NATO is wearing off, but I'm growing to appreciate it more the longer I wear it.

It's not so much about the looks of it, but the feel. It does look nice, but this is probably the most comfortable strap I've worn. Feels great on the wrist. Yesterday I threw the Speedy on a regular 12 dollar NATO and there's no comparison (which, for the price difference, is as it should be)

Here are a few more pics from yesterday.

image (3).jpeg
image (2).jpeg
image (1).jpeg
image.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts