WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Good to see this very good condition one. My old 600 here bought cheaply because of moldy dial. Now know how dial was. I wiped remnants of dial markings off with acetone. Seems to be a good 600 otherwise. Nice band. How best way to have a good dial; new one, rework, from where? Or leave this $40. junk sale well used runner original?
documents3 417a.jpg omegax.jpg

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Movement on yours ArtB shows no signs of any rust on the SS parts which is usually the case when dials have degraded because of moisture. Worth using the OP original pics to get a similar refinished dial from Kirk Rich in California. Having paid only 40 dollars, the cost of a refinished dial would still put your investment under market value.

Cheers

Desmond

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That is one sharp Seamaster. Is it a 136.020?

Movement is a joy to view. The whole 600 series of calibres (600 - 613) were excellent handwinds.

Regards

Desmond

Thanks Desmond, this is my first 600 series/ hand wound! Everything on this, except new strap, is original and really clean, lovin' it. No, its a 136.011

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
THANKS for a best choice. The odd surface finish left on dial is tolerable to me with the Omega mark and number indicators good. Little surprised at cost. Omega replacements more expensive? This goiod one cost $350. including fine service job. Cheap one from junk store $26. running fine. Advantage for Omega w.w. buyers is they appear at all kinds of sales places.
IMG_8781aa.jpg IMG_8773a.jpg IMG_8783xx.jpg
documents4 431ax.jpg documents4 430ax.jpg

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Absolutely beautiful. Heck of a pick-up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts