WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts

Looks like my next office watch to me
This was released last year together with those other gold case and rose gold case models.
The real latest for this year is plain satin white face with blue hands...

Personally i feel that the yellow cream dial suits a gold case better, more retro to those watch designs from the 60s to early 70s. If i want to do a mod, i'll buy the gold case variant...

...and do a swap just on the dial together with the hands...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Im on my phone right now and can't link examples but I think a creamy yellow dial on stainless steel case is very classical, think wwii era omegas and the like.

I can't make up my mind on that one with the blue hands or the white/ rose. Which would be best for the office? I do have rose accent on my wedding ring but being left handed I wear my watch on the right wrist

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Because of lighting condition when the photo taken by Yeoman makes the yellow gold case+white dial variant looks like RoseGold. In fact the 2nd wave of Bambino release do not have one variant with white dial+RG case/crown combo.
However if you would like to see how a white dial + RG indices/crown/case works out to be...
For your reading interest...
Modified Orient Bambino | Yeoman's Watch Review

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
With reference to this combination,

I am going to keep a look out for...

...move the blue hour and minute hands to the second dial(with RG indices) without the blue seconds needle. Then move then whole dial and post modded movement on the second watch to the 3rd RG case. The 3rd watch movement with big hands and indices move to the 2nd SS case. The first case shall be the one left with white satin dial, SS indices RG hour and minute hand, with the blue seconds needle rocking thru the dial...

How's this "ecological" idea? :-d No parts waste, and i get 3 bambinos which others don't get! :-!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I could buy the creamy yellow dialed bambino and swap the internals with my orig. yellow gold bambino.

The rose looks slightly better but yellow gold might look good as well, and that way my yellow gold cased watch gets a little less dressy and I get a cool new office watch?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I recently purchased 2 leather NATOs that were supposed to be 22mm and are actually 21mm... I was planning on selling them, but after looking at this thread I may consider keeping them and buying myself a new bambino, the new dial and the blue hands look awesome

sent from my magic brick

·
Registered
398 Posts
Amazing how they get the roman numerals completely wrong at VII.... And for the record I much prefer the older variant. That being said I may still get one... :-=

·
Registered
17 Posts
Amazing how they get the roman numerals completely wrong at VII.... And for the record I much prefer the older variant. That being said I may still get one... :-=
Hate to necro an older thread but I just had to respond to this. They didn't get the numeral wrong at all, it's common to see "IIII" on clocks for sure. I have a lovely old wall clock which uses it. From the internet:

"Both methods of writing Roman numerals have been in use since the 1500s, possibly longer. Clock makers choose whichever number they feel is more aesthetically appealing and they often go with IIII because it balances better with VIII on the other side and makes the clock look more symmetrical"

Having said that, I prefer the original Bambino for sure. I've been lusting after it for awhile but am unsure it wouldn't look ridiculous on my dainty 5.25 in. wrist. I may have to try it out and just give it to the husband of it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Hate to necro an older thread but I just had to respond to this. They didn't get the numeral wrong at all, it's common to see "IIII" on clocks for sure. I have a lovely old wall clock which uses it. From the internet:

"Both methods of writing Roman numerals have been in use since the 1500s, possibly longer. Clock makers choose whichever number they feel is more aesthetically appealing and they often go with IIII because it balances better with VIII on the other side and makes the clock look more symmetrical"

Having said that, I prefer the original Bambino for sure. I've been lusting after it for awhile but am unsure it wouldn't look ridiculous on my dainty 5.25 in. wrist. I may have to try it out and just give it to the husband of it doesn't work out.
It'll be too large for you, this watch wears large and I have an almost 7 inches wrist. If you like the looks you should try to find something vintage, 1960s/70s Seiko Sportman watches are pretty similar but smaller in size, and you should be able to find one in good condition for less than $100

Sent from my magic brick

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have been looking for this colour for quite a while. They have two more options in Silky White and Black but this off white (biscuit colour as the salesman calls it) stands out for me as it gives a totally retro feel. The crown and crystal are typical retro dome type.
(Pics taken on Samsung Note 4)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
...and........................VOILA! Here's the last and final idea of ecological modification!

With reference to this combination,

I am going to keep a look out for...

...move the blue hour and minute hands to the second dial(with RG indices) without the blue seconds needle. Then move then whole dial and post modded movement on the second watch to the 3rd RG case. The 3rd watch movement with big hands and indices move to the 2nd SS case. The first case shall be the one left with white satin dial, SS indices RG hour and minute hand, with the blue seconds needle rocking thru the dial...

How's this "ecological" idea? :-d No parts waste, and i get 3 bambinos which others don't get! :-!

Reactions: Giorgio Versace

·
Registered
3,568 Posts

I have been looking for this colour for quite a while. They have two more options in Silky White and Black but this off white (biscuit colour as the salesman calls it) stands out for me as it gives a totally retro feel. The crown and crystal are typical retro dome type.
View attachment 6041938
Just a little suggestion to blend this into a vintage burberry theme...

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
This is real. All it takes are 3 Bambinos to get this combination.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.