WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Orient Owner x2!!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MINIDriver 
#1 ·
For my first Father's Day my wife bought an Orient CFA05002B (Executive World Time Black) for me. We bought this one off of skywatches.com.sg and I would totally recommend them after my experience. They shipped from Singapore to my door in west TX in 4 days! With my blow money (read about some of your experiences with wives, no problems here!) I bought the CEM75002D (Classic blue face diver) on the DoD after seeing some photos on these forums. As a Seiko owner and now an Orient owner I am really impressed with the craftsmanship of the Orients. I have been looking for a black on black watch and have looked at mainly Seikos, Citizens, and though there were a lot of quality pieces, I just wasn't sold yet. I stumbled across these forums and heard about Orient. I looked them up and long story short, am a proud owner of two quality pieces. Here are some pictures I took. I need some quality tips about taking close ups!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Great Orients you have there my friend. I too became an Orient World Timer owner CFA05001B (Stainless steel version) just a couple of days ago. In fact it is my third Orient in less than 3 months. First one was a Blue Mako (Wore it yesterday) and then "Planet Orient" CFM00001B that I wore the day before.

Enjoy them in good health.

Blue Mako:

Planet Orient:

Orient World Timer:

#9 ·
No watch winder yet. I haven't felt the need to go out and grab one yet. Truth is, I don't wear my autos everyday and wear each once or twice a week max.

The Orient self winding system is so efficient that it just takes a couple of gentle swings to jump start the watches. I actually enjoy setting up the time and date as well.

I am considering adding a 4th Orient at some point in the near future. If I had more than 4 or 5 autos, then the winder will become a necessity. For now, I can do without;-)

As far as the Power Reserve indicator, yes I do find it extremely useful in a mechanical watch. I am very used to it. The Mako is my only auto that doesn't have it. I appreciate that Orient makes this complication a very affordable one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.