WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day folks,
I bought a new Orrient Ray a day ago. Wore it for a few hours before bed and in the morning it was about 2 hrs behind. I put that down to the power reserve running out. However, today I noticed that it lost about 20 mins 2 hrs after I put it on. I reset the time and about an hour later it was 20 mins ahead!.Since then I noticed that it is losing about 20 mins every hour.
Is it magnetized or maybe a more serious problem.
I don't have the opportunity to return it since I' m flying out before the shops reopen.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Magnetized effect would not cause a the watch fall behind. Sounds like the rate is off. I'd suggest monitoring it a few more days and if it continues contact the seller for a refund or replacement.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
May want to leave it with someone who can return it, if possible, and forward you the money. Definitely return/exchange and get another, it's not worth messing with the trouble.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,332 Posts
I suspect that the canon pinion wasn't set up properly. That is something the seller should take care of by sending the watch to Orient for repair or replacing the watch. I would go for the latter. Let the seller know by email asap.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the advice. I'm still traveling for the next two weeks. I'll monitor the watch for the next 3-4 days to see what happens. Meanwhile I'll e-mail the dealer today.
as I' m on schedule I can't wear an Ina accurate watch. Fortunely I bought an Orient Star GMT at the same time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: this small problem was solved by a much bigger one. One of my kids has less than 6 months left on his passport (5 months, in fact), this has prevented us from boarding our flight to Bali. so back into Singapore city to our embassy to get a temp passport. Had the chance to go back to the dealer. They exchanged the watch no problem. However, we are still waiting for the airline to confirm if we can go to Bali.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts