WZ0361FD - Blue dial - 78,750 JPY
WZ0371FD - Yellow dial - 73,500 JPY

Width: 43.5mm
Height: 14.8mm
Lug Width: 22mm
Power reserve indicator
21 jewel, non-winding, non-hacking movement
AR coated hardened mineral glass

Estimated Street Price: Approx. 60,000 JPY ($560)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Is it just me or is that bezel just a bear to read? And, I wish they'd dump the power reserve indicator to bring the price down. Unnecessary complication.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like the idea of a power reserve on a model that doesn't hand wind. It lets you know when you need to do something about it (since you can't just wind it to be sure). However, I'll echo the others in saying the bezel looks a bit clumsy and juvenile (I mean what are those supposed to be? Artificial allen head screws or something???). If the bezel had been a bit better, I would be all over the yellow model.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Jury is still out on the bezel but like the rest of it. ;-)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
interesting and cool but the bezel kills it for me Gabe

too bad cause the size is perfect:think:

gabe can we swap that bezel out?

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gabe can we swap that bezel out?
I doubt that there's another bezel that would fit it. I guess we'll have to wait until some people get them in hand and can take a closer look at the measurements.

Other than the overdone bezel, the watch is pretty sharp IMHO. The hands are a bit small, but I could live with them. I think $500+ is a bit steep, but I'd like to see some pics of this one in the wild before passing final judgement. Recently there's been a lot of discussion about derivative styling and too many new watches looking the same. I give Orient credit for at least trying something different, even if it's not my cup of tea. I'd love it if this watch was simply a smaller version of the 300m at half the price, but I can understand why Orient didn't want to do that. ;-)

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
I like the watch but ugh - that bezel! I expect the movement and lume to be as good as the Orient Star 300m.

I also notice the new logo. Its less stylish than old one.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Looks cool! :-!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I can deal with the bezel even thought it is a little whacky... but MINERAL GLASS is the big sticking point for me.. Why not at least Hardlex like Seiko uses.

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can deal with the bezel even thought it is a little whacky... but MINERAL GLASS is the big sticking point for me.. Why not at least Hardlex like Seiko uses.
It's likely this one will have Hardlex like many other Orients do. All the info is all coming from translated Japanese sites, and from those it's clear that the crystal is not sapphire.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Maybe I am just sick, but this one is starting to grow on me. Argh...all you enablers!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Luv it! :-!

but it looks like they have changed the hour hand a little bit

(Pic from seiyas homepage)

and the price is $608 including s/h

//Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
This watch blasted would be hot. I agree with Eric L. tho' about the logo, seems to be a trend in making generic lettering on watches.

Wish this watch were a bit cheaper, I'd love to get the yellow 300m, in fact its on the top of my realistic wishlist ;-) , but as its equipped and at this price point, I'll wait for restock on Yellow Reef Rangers.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's likely this one will have Hardlex like many other Orients do. All the info is all coming from translated Japanese sites, and from those it's clear that the crystal is not sapphire.
On Seiyajapan.com it says "Crystal glass with non-reflective coating." If it is just mineral glass it would blow it for me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts