WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sarah just sent me Orient's latest press release.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Inspired by more than 65-years of ORIENT STAR watchmaking, the ORIENT STAR Classic Skeleton in Stainless Steel is a distinctly masculine homage to in-house manufacturing, engineering and the art of movement.

Its three-dimensional skeletonised case reflects the aesthetic beauty and precision craftsmanship of the ORIENT STAR in-house Calibre 48E51 movement, which is carefully designed and constructed in Japan. This movement's 50-hour power reserve is tracked via a sub-dial at the 12 o'clock position, continuing a ong ORIENT STAR tradition of timepieces with prominent power reserve indicators. This is expertly balanced with a small seconds sub-dial at the 6 o'clock position.

Created to make a statement, the ORIENT STAR Classic Skeleton features a 39 mm stainless steel case with a wide sapphire glass window to stage each detailed layer of the mechanical movement, which can be seen from both the front and back.

A two-tier chapter ring with engraved cross-hatch detailing adds interest to the dial, while electric blue hands, baton indices and Roman numeral hour markings highlight ORIENT STAR's signature attention-to-detail.

The ORIENT STAR Classic Skeleton is finished with a refined, hand-sewn black crocodile leather strap, designed for both comfort and durability.

Technical Specifications

+ Hand-winding in-house Calibre 48E51 made in Japan

+ 50-hour power reserve

+ Power reserve indicator at 12 o'clock position

+Small seconds sub-dial at 6 o'clock position

+39 mm stainless steel case (from 3H to 9H)

+ Anti-reflective sapphire crystal front

+ See-through exhibition, screw-down case back

+ Water resistance to 50 metres (5 bar)

+ Trifold buckle with push button release

The ORIENT STAR Classic Skeleton in Stainless Steel is replaced with subtle gold and champagne tones in two further designs: the ORIENT STAR Classic Skeleton in Yellow Gold Stainless Steel and the ORIENT STAR Classic Skeleton in Stainless Steel with Yellow Gold Stainless Steel accents.

DX02001C
DX02002S

Both house the same mechanical, hand-winding Calibre 48E51 but with the addition of yellow gold, champagne and deep brown hues that appeal to traditional tastes.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm not a skeleton type of guy but this looks appealing to me. I like it! :-!

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is rather confusing, if indeed a new press release - the details are identical to the existing skeleton models presented on Orient's website - and just in case there's been a recent update, I also checked against the original Orient store brochures I have, which feature the same models. The photo too is identical I am certain. The only peculiar item is the mention of caliber 48E51, which is the gold-toned version (used with the respective gold-toned version of the watch), whereas the watch pictured uses 48E52 (the basic, steel colored version).

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for any confusion but the email I got was titled „A new addition to the ORIENT STAR collection offers striking insights into the precision art of watchmaking“ so Imthouht I will share.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sorry for any confusion but the email I got was titled „A new addition to the ORIENT STAR collection offers striking insights into the precision art of watchmaking" so Imthouht I will share.
No worries there, I think we all know Orient's marketing (like Seiko's) is not always up to par with their watchmaking :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts