WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my 3 month old Orient Star #EL05004W stopped running, fully wound, while on my wrist. Well, not exactly stopped---the second hand seemed to be functioning normally---but the hour hands were two hours behind! The Power Reserve indicated a full charge and I hadn't been rough on the watch in any way. In fact, I loved it because of it's marvelous accuracy.

I'm sending it back to Long Island Watch, and I'll let them deal with OrientUSA service. I'm sure they'll repair it, but I've got to say, I'm not if I can ever trust the movement again.

Anybody else ever have this happen with a new Star?

Dan

·
Premium Member
71,424 Posts
I can't say if this is a stock fault with the Star or not. I know it's annoying when your watch gives up the ghost no matter what its age but just realise that watches costing a heck of a lot more than the Star can have the same sort of problems. Try and imagine how I felt when my Rolex packed in. :-(

·
Registered
445 Posts
I can't say if this is a stock fault with the Star or not. I know it's annoying when your watch gives up the ghost no matter what its age but just realise that watches costing a heck of a lot more than the Star can have the same sort of problems. Try and imagine how I felt when my Rolex packed in. :-(
My thoughts exactly. It's a shame your Star developed a problem :(. Unfortunately problems can occur with any mechanic watch, whether it's a $10 Chinese or a 100k Patek Philippe. Old school technology :).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you're right; I hadn't thought of that. That would be a heartbreak. But I assume Rolex took care of it, and I imagine Orient will, as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you're right. I guess that's the risk I take with mechanicals (though this is my first problem over the years). :)-)

·
Registered
55 Posts
My thoughts exactly. It's a shame your Star developed a problem :(. Unfortunately problems can occur with any mechanic watch, whether it's a $10 Chinese or a 100k Patek Philippe. Old school technology :).
What will new school technology be like?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have seven watches with the Orient Star logo. Although I have a big rotation, none of them have ever exhibited that type of behavior. main reason why I actually almost completed the OS lineup.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I have seven watches with the Orient Star logo. Although I have a big rotation, none of them have ever exhibited that type of behavior. main reason why I actually almost completed the OS lineup.
Another satisfied Orient Star customer here, have 6 currently (Retrograde+Somes+Standard Date+WZ0091FE+WZ0071EL+WZ0081EL), and all astoundingly accurate , no issues with them for the few years I owned these.

I also had a myriad of Orients (the "regular" ones ) and no problem with any of those either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's good to hear! Thanks. When the Star is returned from Orient customer service, I'll wear it every day for the next 8 months of warranty, just to make sure all is well. But I'm not too worried. My other Orient watch (not a Star) has been flawless. -Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts