8,365 Posts
I just join the "Triton" club ...

Paper bag Shopping bag Box Material property Packaging and labeling

Box Footwear Material property Font Packaging and labeling

Box Watch Font Material property Brand

Box Fashion accessory Shoe Leather Paper

Watch Fashion accessory Diamond Jewellery Analog watch

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

It's a really nice tool watch, I must say. :-!

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Wear this for the past 3 days ...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

Black Darkness Night Circle

Lume is nuclear...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

I found out while taking this shot yesterday, two dents/scratches on the bezel insert, after less than a total of 3 days of wearing it since new. :'(

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Nice side profile. :-!

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
I'm thinking of changing my bezel insert...any ideas on what may work?
No idea yet. But I will share it here if there is anything comes up. :)

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Reactions: Radar1

·
Registered
49 Posts
i got the black one - but had problems with the crown. brought it to the official service center under warranty and they said i have to pay to have the crown and stem replaced! 4 weeks lead time for the parts to be flown in from Japan (i'm in the Philippines). otherwise it's been a great watch. also, i got a sumo while the triton was/is being repaired (and it's still out) so i haven't been able to do a head to head comparison.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
i got the black one - but had problems with the crown. brought it to the official service center under warranty and they said i have to pay to have the crown and stem replaced! 4 weeks lead time for the parts to be flown in from Japan (i'm in the Philippines). otherwise it's been a great watch. also, i got a sumo while the triton was/is being repaired (and it's still out) so i haven't been able to do a head to head comparison.
That does not sound right. Was the watch brought from an official dealer?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That does not sound right. Was the watch brought from an official dealer?
Sorry for the late reply yes it was purchased from an AD. I just found out it takes 3-6 months to order parts from the Orient factory. Anyway I'll probably drop by the authorized service center sometime before the end of the year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: knightRider

·
Registered
733 Posts
Haven't been active on any of the forums much since last summer but wanted to provide an update on my experience with the Orient Triton. Acquired the "Gold" model about a year ago and shortly thereafter purchased the blue and black dials, "The Trinity".

Regret to read about some of the issues other members have experienced. The "Trinity" is performing flawlessly although I did have a crown issue with the blue model when first received but Orient USA replaced immediately at no cost. Since then, no issues whatsoever. In fact, each will maintain within 3 seconds per day and can actually maintain near perfect by simply leaving the case position either on the back or crown up (each one is slightly different) to compensate for any variation within the day. Very solid movement would be an understatement.

I am so pleased with the watch(es) that I am thinking they were the best purchases of 2018. I am still of the opinion that there is nothing under $400 that is competitive. I would like to restate an early observation, whenever the Tritons come up in rotation, they just seem to stay on the wrist for days. Also, when putting it on the wrist, I am immediately aware that the Triton is special...several notches above normal diver (SKX, Turtle, Samurai, NY0040, etc.). Only diver I consider in same league is Seiko Sumo.

Still …"Highly Recommended"

·
Registered
936 Posts
Haven't been active on any of the forums much since last summer but wanted to provide an update on my experience with the Orient Triton. Acquired the "Gold" model about a year ago and shortly thereafter purchased the blue and black dials, "The Trinity".

Regret to read about some of the issues other members have experienced. The "Trinity" is performing flawlessly although I did have a crown issue with the blue model when first received but Orient USA replaced immediately at no cost. Since then, no issues whatsoever. In fact, each will maintain within 3 seconds per day and can actually maintain near perfect by simply leaving the case position either on the back or crown up (each one is slightly different) to compensate for any variation within the day. Very solid movement would be an understatement.

I am so pleased with the watch(es) that I am thinking they were the best purchases of 2018. I am still of the opinion that there is nothing under $400 that is competitive. I would like to restate an early observation, whenever the Tritons come up in rotation, they just seem to stay on the wrist for days. Also, when putting it on the wrist, I am immediately aware that the Triton is special...several notches above normal diver (SKX, Turtle, Samurai, NY0040, etc.). Only diver I consider in same league is Seiko Sumo.

Hey MacInFL,

Thanks for that status update. The Triton has and still is on my "next watch to buy" list. Found one in blue that keeps ringing the buy me bell. I wear my Mako XL's on rotation like your Tritons. Put it on....wear it for weeks. Smile at the wrist.

Sooooo....it just might turn into my first 2019 purchase.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm almost daily rotating between my Blue Triton and my Orient Star Classic. They both seem to be in a loop where they gain/lose just about the right amount of time between wearing and resting 9 up to stay very close to reference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi - How would you compare the blue dial to the black? The blue looks radiant to me while the black looks matte in pictures I've seen. I'm more prone to go w/ the black model - just wondering if it is radiant at all (would be great).

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
It has aluminium bezel insert
Is it possible to replace with ceramic? Maybe there is an options to replace entire bezel from other Seiko or Orient or other? What is the bezel inner diameter?
(Bezel insert inner dia is 31.5 and outer 39mm as i understand.)
Any ideas?

·
Registered
101 Posts
It has aluminium bezel insert
Is it possible to replace with ceramic? Maybe there is an options to replace entire bezel from other Seiko or Orient or other? What is the bezel inner diameter?
(Bezel insert inner dia is 31.5 and outer 39mm as i understand.)
Any ideas?
Not really atm since at 43.4mm in diameter it's a fairly unique dimension.

281 - 300 of 344 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.