·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The size is right, but whats up with the placement of those indices?
The article explains the jazz inspiration. I like it, but I'm guessing it'll be a dealbreaker for many.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Looks like a piece specially designed for musicians.

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
Thanks for posting. At first I found the Art Blakely LE to be pretty stark; however, it is kind of growing on me. I like the minimalist dial approach with no numbers or a date, and the placement of the indices is interesting idea and makes the watch all the more unique. Finally, the lume shoot in the photo is great. And maybe that would be my only recommendation to the overall design of the watch, and that is to place a lume maker at the hour markers instead of at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I really like it. I hope to try one on at some point.

My only concern is that I have small wrists, and the thin bezel and significant empty space on this will make it wear too large.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nice looking watch. But the placement of the applied indices are a bit odd. Makes time reading a difficult process when you take a quick glance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Aside from the alignment of the clamps on the dial, I love it. I'm an avid percussionist and would love to own a living trubute to one of the pioneers of jazz drumming.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am a drummer and I love it but the price is a bit steep. Do you know historically if these Limited edition jazz models sell out quickly? I want to know if I should wait until they go on sale.

·
Registered
47 Posts
As a drummer as well, this was a must have. I just saw it in person at my AD, and it does not disappoint.
Did you buy one? Is the dial silver or white? in the pictures it looks white but in the article I read about it says silver tone. I couldn’t find one in store to try it out. All the certified Oris retailers in LA that I called said this is not a model they will have in store but they can order it for me. I think because not everyone will buy this watch, mostly drummers I assume.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I wish the back cover was the dial, it's gorgeous. The actual dial is too simplistic. I know minimalism is a "thing" for some connoisseurs, but not for me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Did you buy one? Is the dial silver or white? in the pictures it looks white but in the article I read about it says silver tone. I couldn’t find one in store to try it out. All the certified Oris retailers in LA that I called said this is not a model they will have in store but they can order it for me. I think because not everyone will buy this watch, mostly drummers I assume.
I did buy one. It is being delivered today, so I will take pictures later and post them here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did buy one. It is being delivered today, so I will take pictures later and post them here.
Nice, congrats! I called my AD yesterday that will order it for me once I decide I want it. I have always worn 40mm+ watches and my wrist is 7”. I think I will regret it if I don’t buy one. I am waiting for your pictures, my friend.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wish the back cover was the dial, it's gorgeous. The actual dial is too simplistic. I know minimalism is a "thing" for some connoisseurs, but not for me.
The back is just so cool, the dial is simple and clean but those bass drum claws and the black/blue circle make the watch so unique. It looks pretty classy to me. I prefer cleaner dials on smaller watches like this 38mm.

·
Registered
383 Posts
So, I am pressed for time so only able to take one picture for now. But here you go. It is on a black strap in the picture, not the one included with the watch. The dial is like a matte egg-shell white. I don't get any sense of silver. Also, when looking straight at the watch face, I found it much easier to tell the time...I was expecting to get distracted by the kick drum clamps, but they kind of fade away when looking straight on if that makes sense.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191114192725001_COVER.jpg

Bottom line: this is THE oris dress watch to own. Especially if you are a drummer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, I am pressed for time so only able to take one picture for now. But here you go. It is on a black strap in the picture, not the one included with the watch. The dial is like a matte egg-shell white. I don't get any sense of silver. Also, when looking straight at the watch face, I found it much easier to tell the time...I was expecting to get distracted by the kick drum clamps, but they kind of fade away when looking straight on if that makes sense.

View attachment 14627347

Bottom line: this is THE oris dress watch to own. Especially if you are a drummer.
Looks awesome, I don’t see silver in the dial either, but Oris spec says silver and also all the articles I have read about it. Is that circle in the dial dark blue or black? I wish I could see it with the original brown strap. When you get a chance please send me some more pictures from different angles and lighting. By the way, what’s your wrist size?
What number ###/1000?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts