WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a very short and successful hunt for an Oris diver. I didn't have a specific model in mind, but something that could be bought (used) for the cash that was available to me. I got it off ebay yesterday, so it hasn't even arrived yet, but I can't hold out from saying hi any longer. I wouldn't consider myself a WIS because I can only afford one real watch and I'll probably wear it most of the time and eventually ding it somehow, though I don't want to worry every minute about that. I really need to get a cheap Casio or something so I don't do that. I only previously owned a Tag Heuer Monza Auto that I loved very much. It is one of the most beautiful watch designs that exist today IMO. I had to sell it because my wife really needs a watch for Christmas. She's Brazilian and has no working watch and she's married to a very on-time white guy. So, I sold the Monza and with the money I was able to buy her a nice ladies Swiss Army watch and lucky me picked up a pretty damn nice Oris TT1 Titan 1000m.

I'm looking forward to reading some good discussions on this board and maybe meet some nice people in the process.

Michael

Here are a few photos the prior owner took.

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is another ebay auction, still active, with those identical pictures, Buy It Now price of $925.

If you already bought this watch, why is it still for sale on ebay?

I won't give the auction number since it may be against forum rules, I don't really know, but the title of the auction is " NEW Oris TT1 Diver Titan 1000m Titanium case/R.Strap "

Hope you aren't being scammed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent an inquiry to the security folks. My first guess would be that this new auction is a fraud. I researched the seller of the watch I won and they seem very credible based on all their activity on the TZ forum. The newer auction is in Taiwan and frankly, sellers in that part of the world don't have a good rep lately. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'm praying that my hunch is correct.

Michael

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just talked to the seller of my watch on the phone and he made a good point about the other seller. He said that you can copy an ad as well as pictures as long as it accurately describes the watch and that the seller says that the pictures were taken from another source. He didn't seem too concerned because it seemed to just be a copied and pasted description and photos, but nothing more. His description was only a canned statement about the watches features, sort of like a description for a watch from an AD website or even on Oris' website.

Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. I don't think its a good thing, but its apparently legal. I still haven't gotten ebay's opinion on the matter.

Michael

·
Registered
279 Posts
In the first 2 pics, it's the current model, in the 3rd pics, it's
the new model (just out)... look at the lume marker in the 2
first and numeral in the 3rd pics... Anyway, it's a great watch
and your post make me want to order one...

Phil.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right and that is consistent with the guy's ad. He posted the wrong pics at first and then later updated them. To be honest, I didn't even know what he was talking about until you post that good info. I got a really damn good deal and if I didn't notice then it obviously doesn't matter to me. I know that sounds ignorant. Frankly, I guess I would care if I had enough dough to buy a new one, but I didn't. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out.

Michael

·
Registered
561 Posts
GREAT purchase Michael-I have had my eye on that model for a while. Seeing those pics have made me move it up on the must have list. I have had my Oris BC3 for several years and it has been nothing but outstanding. I know you will enjoy it----welcome aboard!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I received the watch today! OMG. Its so much nicer in person. I can't believe I got this watch, especially for what I paid (which I will not disclose at this time). Its a tiny cosmos of mechanical perfection.

I actually didn't see one of these in person before I bought it and I was pleasantly surprised by its size. It is much smaller than everyone makes it out to be. Most of the people I see selling these online say that its too big and gaudy for their own tastes. I have a pretty small wrist and I think its perfect.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally have this one on my wrist.

Michael

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The watch is great. I never get tired of it. I just wish I had a SS bracelet instead of the rubber, but that's a very small sacrifice that I'm living with. Eventually when I have more money to play around with I'll try to procure one. Anyway, great watch. I'm not a watch collector, so having this watch completely satisfies my desire for a mechanical/artistic timepiece. I have no desire to ever trade up/down in the future. Thankfully so, because cars are where I get to put my money.

Michael

·
Registered
133 Posts
if you don't mind me saying. i would rather spend 1500 on a carlos coste than on a set of 18's. i used to mod my cars but it was always a headache. now i run my car stock and my wrist mint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts