WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading so many threads on forums and viewing hundreds of videos on watches and watch collection in general, I think I made my very first sensible purchase.
I wanted a dress watch that would stand out and after looking at Bambino, le locle, SARB, et al., I decided to take my time and spend a little more on a better watch imho...I saw an ORIS in a local classified ad and in no time I jumped on it.

I was looking for:
Swiss automatic
White/cream color dial
Blue hands with lume
Moonphase
40-42mm polished SS case
SS bracelet band
Day/Date function

Other than the blue hands, this one ticked all the other attributes.

So, here are some pictures of my ORIS Artelier Complication Moonphase

20170304_112645.jpg

20170304_143333.jpg

20170304_123255_HDR.jpg

I'm absolutely in love with this watch :)

·
Premium Member
61,432 Posts
That's REALLY nice. I'm not all that into dressy watches (give me a diver any day) but i was really tempted by the Complication. I still am for that matter so I'm just a bit jealous. :p

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That's a nice looking watch, suitable for an everyday use :) Also, welcome to the forums! guard your wallet :-d

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That is a great choice for an all around wear at that price point. Well done! Enjoy your Oris!

Reactions: Cubex

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow! That watch looks unbelievable! Wasn't familiar with that model.

Reactions: Cubex

·
Banned
122 Posts
Such a beauty, I'm jealous. I think it would look great on straps.

Reactions: njegos

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a nice looking watch, suitable for an everyday use :) Also, welcome to the forums! guard your wallet :-d
Since the time I have joined this forum I have acquired a Link Calibre 5, Oris Artelier, SEIKO Samurai Blue Lagoon, and Hamilton Pilot Quartz...I think I am set for the year...but then again who knows :D

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was quite surprised to know how small the movement is...However, the power reserve has been pretty bad around 24-26 hrs only...any guesses why?

That's a great looking watch. Welcome to the Oris Club! I have always liked the Artelier - and the Complication is especially nice.

Chris

·
Premium Member
61,432 Posts
If it's the movement that I'm thinking of Oris put it in a number of ladies watches and decided for reasons best known to them to install it in the Complication. If this is so it could account for the fairly short reserve.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wore this to a conference and was amazed to see how shiny this watch can be in a well lit area.

20170328_121924_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Beautiful. I'm a huge Oris fan (own three) and have mulled over this one and the Artix Complication (actually, this past Christmas I probably would have bought that but ended up finding the Artelier Worldtimer GMT LE first.) That said I've never been much for this multi-link bracelet style. I bet it would really sing on a nice alligator strap, black or a rich brown. Regardless, superb choice.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts