WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have worn the watch continuously for the past 48-hours. Two hairline scratches and a ding later, it still runs spot-on referenced to my GPSr.

This is my first foray into Omega after having heard so much about them. After procuring my grail watch(the SD), the SMPs have always beckoned but the funky dial, 'after-thought' He Valve and hands always made me cringe; IMHO, of course!

Fantastic build quality, great looks and the co-axial movement aside, what struck me, compared to the other watches I have, is the bracelet. It's so superbly designed! It's sleek, very attractive but best of all? It doesn't leave a mark on itself like other bracelets. Especially the extension link end of the clasp in contact with a bracelet link. |>

With the PO, I'm finally over the He Valve thing. I mean, what are the chances of an Infantry grunt needing to use it anyway? :-d

The PO ROCKS!

Hoo-AH!

Regards,
w a y

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Enjoy your new watch. Congratulations!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have worn the watch continuously for the past 48-hours. Two hairline scratches and a ding later, it still runs spot-on referenced to my GPSr.

This is my first foray into Omega after having heard so much about them. After procuring my grail watch(the SD), the SMPs have always beckoned but the funky dial, 'after-thought' He Valve and hands always made me cringe; IMHO, of course!

Fantastic build quality, great looks and the co-axial movement aside, what struck me, compared to the other watches I have, is the bracelet. It's so superbly designed! It's sleek, very attractive but best of all? It doesn't leave a mark on itself like other bracelets. Especially the extension link end of the clasp in contact with a bracelet link. |>

With the PO, I'm finally over the He Valve thing. I mean, what are the chances of an Infantry grunt needing to use it anyway? :-d

The PO ROCKS!

Hoo-AH!

Regards,
w a y
Nice watch. I have been eyeing it myself except for the hands. I just might get over them soon.

Can you PM me the AD you got it from and the discount you got?

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I got to start learning how to use a camera! Great shot. It's my wallpaper right this moment. :-!

BR,
w a y

Congrat's the PO is a fantastic watch! :-!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aw, crap!

It had to happen so soon... 16-days to be exact.

I thought the copper trim round the edge of the tables at Billy Bombers were bad enough, scratching the clasp and all. But tonight while I was at some chinese restaurant, the ground edges of the glass topped table scratched the external coating of my PO to hell! The cantonese tend to hold up their bowls in their left hand when we eat which happens to be my watch arm.

Sure I don't baby my watches and I wear all of them. But this is too much! <|

Chopsticks left... Bowl right... Chopsticks left... Bowl right... LOL!

Where's that post on removing external AR coats now... o| o| o|

BR,
w a y

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
First of all, congratulations on your new 42mm PO way! It is a superb watch as I will testify. I have had mine now for almost 2 months and it keeps great time and so far, I have not sustained and scratches to the watch although the bracelet clasp now has a few minor scuffs.:roll: These can be easily removed, so there's no problem.:-!

When I first put this watch on my wrist, I found it to be huge. This is the 42mm. The 45mm was way too big for me. But now after eight weeks, the watch has appeared to have shrunk in size to my eye. Its like when one moves up from a small car to a bigger car. It looks enormous for the first few weeks, then you get used to it. Now there's a voice in my head saying the 45 mm size would have been a better choice!:think:

Perhaps it will pass.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I've got a 42mm PO as well. And, it's scratched. :-(

The bracelet isn't too bad, as I didn't have it on there too long before I just replaced with an Omega rubber strap. I've also got a vintage Omega mesh bracelet for it, however I rarely have it on there.

But the crystal....o| The AR coating had some scratches and I made the mistake of putting some Polywatch on it, thinking somehow that it would smooth it out. Nope! The scratches on there aren't as visible, but the center of the crystal reflects orange instead of the original blue. But oh well...

I'm seriously considering reselling it to buy a 45mm PO, since I may get a good price for my 42 since I have the 3 different types of bands for it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts