WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
I'm a proud new owner of my very first Breitling (Chrono Superocean). Before this purchase (immediately before, actually), I knew virtually nothing about watches, other than the names of a few select brands. I was considering the Tag Link Chrono, until a watch aficionado at my firm suggested I look at the Brietlings.
"No way," I said. "Too pricey."
Undaunted, he insisted on accompanying me to my local AD. While I was trying on the Tags, he was lurking around the Breitling case.
I selected the Tag I wanted, then sauntered to where he was.
"Try one on...or are you dead set on the Tag?"
"Dead set on the Tag...oh, wait...that's nice" (as the Chrono Superocean caught my eye). "Okay." "Maybe I'll try it on."
10 minutes later and it was on my wrist as I walked out of the shop, $3,000.00 lighter.
I have never been so utterly awestruck by a piece of merchandise in my life. Since then, my thirst to know all things Breitling has been nearly insatiable: forums; Wikipedia; countless Google searches; staring at the Chronolog like ****.
I've already begun considering my next purchase. Amazing, since it took me nearly 4 years to replace my (gift) Movado, and likewise the Seiko before it.
That said, what are the names of some premium watch box/display manufacturers? Any help would be appreciated, as well as suggestions for watch No. 2!
Thanks,
JDS

·
Registered
505 Posts
Gravity, congrats and wear it well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The high end watch boxes / displays / watch winders is Scatola del Tempo made in Italy. Also check out Orbita made in the USA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts