WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

After 5 years, 3 quartz TAG's and lots of debating, I finally made my first Auto purchase being a black SMP diver. I first must tell you that I am extremely hard on watches, after 10 days of ownership and a eventfilled New Years Eve I am extremely thrilled with my purchase, Yesterday I happened to notice 3 scuffs on the band of my new baby and asked my wife if she knew where they came from, she just laughed and stated what a good night New Years eve I had. After discovering that I "slipped" on a wet pool deck my watch helped break my fall, I knew I made the right purchase!!! Anyway I did research before this purchase but after browsing around here I relize I do not know nearly as much about these fine timepeices as I thought, So my question is what is some good reading material for me to learn more about movement, history and such about the Omega Brand?

Thanks for your time and input.

·
6,880 Posts
Congrats on the new watch!
Post some pics when you get a chance.
Im sure some others will point you in the right direction for some reading material. This forum is a good spot to learn more about Omega's and watches in general.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Congradulations! .... & OUCH! for the watch and pool deck. santasmile

Here's a good SMP reference page you could start off with.

& here's an macro artistic(trying) shot of my SMP:

·
Registered
118 Posts
a couple of B&W of the SMP
thanks Joukowski for the reference pages
see if you can spot the mistake in the first photo

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Congrats!!!

Congrats and welcome to Omegaland!

Omega has a bit of history on their site here. It's not very extensive, and basically hits some high points, but it's worth looking through, if you already haven't.

I have a few publications listed on my site here. Unfortunately, the definitive Omega "bible" is entirely in French.

But, there are a couple more accessible options. If you're interested in Omega's use in space, you might check out The Moon Watch Book.

I think a great starting point is the underrated Omega Designs.

It provides a good deal of company history, as well as plenty of nice photographs and techinical details. I picked up my copy pre-owned from Amazon.

I hope that helps!

eric

·
Registered
761 Posts
Re: Congrats!!!

Eric,

did you get the Moonwatch book from Omega? Is this something you can request like a catalogue??

THanks!
Q

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I bought mine from a Sales Forum.

Eric,

did you get the Moonwatch book from Omega? Is this something you can request like a catalogue??

THanks!
Q
I bought mine from an individual seller, Q, but it is once again available directly from Omega. Just send them a note through their website here and they'll provide the details.

eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts