WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My collection has changed quite a bit in the past couple years. A couple years ago, it looked like this:

I was strictly into affordables, trying to figure out which watches I really liked. I would buy one I liked if it came up at a good price, and would sell the ones I wore less often. About a year ago, the collection looked like this:

Six months later, it looked like this:

Which brings me to the present. Yesterday I picked up a mini-grail of mine, that I've been super excited about (which means my wife is sick of looking at it with me, which I always make her do). It's an Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition!

So today my collection looks like this:

Unfortunately, the Bell&Ross is also on the sales block, as I cannot afford to keep it with the Omega. So I'm now essentially a two watch man (not including two cheapies that I keep as beaters). I'm pretty happy with the evolution of my collection so far, and owe a lot to the collective wisdom of WUS, so thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Just curious...why not keep the B&R instead of the Steinhart? The B&R complements the PO, while the Steiny competes a bit (just my opinion, of course).

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious...why not keep the B&R instead of the Steinhart? The B&R complements the PO, while the Steiny competes a bit (just my opinion, of course).
Ya I totally agree. If I had the money the B&R would stay. I basically smashed my watch budget to pick up the Omega, so even keeping the OVM is something of a concession.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great looking omega. if the b&r has to go, I'd also sell the steinhart and look for a more dressy watch to complement the omega. With that omega in your collection, I'd think the steinhart would not get much wristtime

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking omega. if the b&r has to go, I'd also sell the steinhart and look for a more dressy watch to complement the omega. With that omega in your collection, I'd think the steinhart would not get much wristtime
That's not a bad suggestion. This PO is pretty versatile in that its slimmer than the newer ones, but also a bit dressier with the shiny dial and bezel. I'll think about it!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Love seeing the evolution of the collection, thanks for sharing. And congrats on the PO - that thing is gorgeous!

Reactions: hedet

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
You also never see the 2500 Liquid Metal POs for sale anymore, even across all the various watch sales forums. Nice catch. If you were able to get one from an AD, then wow, that's a whopper of find.

Thinness and comfort of the 2500 but with the extra depth of the 8500. Great score all around.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Nice transformation and cool to see how it all morphed out!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You also never see the 2500 Liquid Metal POs for sale anymore, even across all the various watch sales forums. Nice catch. If you were able to get one from an AD, then wow, that's a whopper of find.

Thinness and comfort of the 2500 but with the extra depth of the 8500. Great score all around.
Thanks! I managed to pick it up from a newer member who was local and mentioned he was looking to sell. I was afraid it was a scam, but the watch tech at a local Omega Boutique opened it up for for us and verified that it was legit. I think the seller was a little afraid it might be fake too, as he said he had found it for a decent price at an AD in Hong Kong. But everything checked out; good deal all around!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
very creative evolution..... you must be less of a rolex fan over the years
Well, if the OVM, which is a rolex design, is one of two remaining watches, you could say that I must really like Rolex. haha. but actually ya i've never been that big of a fan. Part of it is probably because i've never had the watch budget to seriously entertain most Rolexes, but part of it is that the designs don't really appeal to me strongly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love your Omega and the Steinheart looks very nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts