WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The more I wear this black beast, the more I seem to enjoy its presence ........ the very unique and original case design makes this acquisition all the more delicious .......
By far the most accurate of all my swiss automatics, this watch has hit me as quite a surprise !
and I AM ENJOYING IT ....

For your viewing pleasure, a few shots of my Schaumburg Aquamatic 2 COSC 1000m THE BLACK ONE ...

( more pics will come soon... i put it on a Kain Heritage strap today .. ;) )

Attachments

Reactions: T-hunter

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bonding with my new diver ... The Schaumburg 'BLACK ONE'

Thanks mate ! the watch came mounted on this stock L&B black leather.. really compliments the watch .. but i have other plans ... the watch is presently sitting on Kain Heritage Brown strap .. my I-Candy ;)

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

I've got a soft spot for Schaumburg, they were my first two dive watches--the Aquamatic one and the orange dial chronograph. That was years ago, and even now, with your watch, their dial designs are very handsome and uniquely Schaumburg. Congrats on the watch. Seeing yours makes me miss mine.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

Thanks mate ! the watch came mounted on this stock L&B black leather.. really compliments the watch .. but i have other plans ... the watch is presently sitting on Kain Heritage Brown strap .. my I-Candy ;)
the L&B strap looks fantastic on it...looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

What's the lume like? I didn't keep my Nauticfish, owned by Schaumburg, in part because of the poor lume.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The lume is satisfying.. will pic the lume-shot soon .. but lume in itself is only a part of the dive watch paradigm i feel .. so far, i somehow have never been able to bond with all lume dials .. wondering why ?/ :)

·
Registered
42 Posts

I normally do not care for black watches but ............ that is a sweet piece!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I never thought I would buy a black diver myself .. but somehow .. this watch just talked to me !!!:)
If fact, i am looking for a Kremke Nur Spec right now but really donot want the black ops version.................

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

the very unique and original case design makes this acquisition all the more delicious.)

don't like popping anyone's bubble, but the case design is neither unique nor original. It's a contract case that has been used by many manufacturers (e.g., Ocean7, Enzo Mechana) for at least 5 years now. I happen to like the case design very much and Schaumburg has created wonderful dials for it.

Reactions: scottymac

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

so far, i somehow have never been able to bond with all lume dials .. wondering why ?/ :)
you refuse to see the light? ;-)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

I love the AQM!!!

Schaumburg did it 1st & did it right! I wish I could get my COSC AQM back. To the other posters, the Schaumburg's lume is a bit better than the NauticFish brand. Since they are made by the same company, I have no idea why...

Love the new dial too. Great watch, no doubt about it! Congrats!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well :) Thanks to that Schaumburg lume shot ....... I do see the light :) Shining down on me !!! ...

Reactions: T-hunter

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

To the other posters, the Schaumburg's is a bit better than the NauticFish brand. Since they are made by the same company, I have no idea why...

I agree with that assessment, AND I still have no real clear idea on the relationship between Schaumburg and NauticFish. Last I heard Nauticfish is owned by Panatime o|

and why the heck would Schaumburg create a watch company to give itself competition in the nearly identical price bracket?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

don't like popping anyone's bubble, but the case design is neither unique nor original. It's a contract case that has been used by many manufacturers (e.g., Ocean7, Enzo Mechana) for at least 5 years now. I happen to like the case design very much and Schaumburg has created wonderful dials for it.
Well my friend, I may just dig up some old threads for ur reference which reflect how the beloved Ocean 7 and Enzo Mechana COPIED this case design ........... and there were actually a few lawsuits filed by Schaumburg from what i read.

Not that it really matters in this present world of micro-brands and fusions ........ but most ppl on the forum would agree...... L&B were the first to produce this case design !!
This case design is VERY MUCH ORIGINAL ;) .. maybe not so unique thanks to COPYCATS.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

Well my friend, I may just dig up some old threads for ur reference which reflect how the beloved Ocean 7 and Enzo Mechana COPIED this case design ........... and there were actually a few lawsuits filed by Schaumburg from what i read.

Not that it really matters in this present world of micro-brands and fusions ........ but most ppl on the forum would agree...... L&B were the first to produce this case design !!
This case design is VERY MUCH ORIGINAL ;) .. maybe not so unique thanks to COPYCATS.
didn't know that. However, Ocean7 and Enzo Mechana (and others) did not copy the design; it was not within their province or desire to do so. They bought the case from a Chinese manufacturer, which is the only entity that Schaumburg could have a beef with.

very much appreciate you forward me links/threads on how Ocean7 and Enzo Mechana copied Schaumburg's original design. We both know this kind of piracy goes on--witness Graeme's SAS case, but I had no idea that this case was Schaumburg's original design that got pretty ruthlessly copied. Very curious about all this.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Some DIGGING ...

L&B Schaumburg Aquamatic #2 COSC 1000Meter dive watch that started the crazy of this case style!! This is the original and was the only case to be made in germany(enzo, deepblue, O7 and a host of others buy their case from Longio in china)!Seems Nauticfish dealer in the USA or Europe gave the case to Longio to copy and a lawsuit soon followed! (L&B is Nauticfish and Schaumburg) There are many copies but this is the one true piece that started this style!!

RELEASE FROM SCHAUMBURG

Dear Forum members,
we were contacted from different Forum members with the question whether we manufacture for the Brand DEEP BLUE. I hope our statement on this platform and to this topic is ok for you.
We do not manufacture watches for Deep Blue in fact we were surprised negatively from our NauticFish distributor in the USA. The trust-break was gigantic. Because of existing contracts we will take legal measures (against the NautictFish design copies). Among other things the ONE THOUSAND Case is registered by the German Brand and Patent Office in Munich. Also we do not use Mioyta Movements for the NauticFish Automatic watches because the least somebody can expect from an automatic watch starting from 300 US$ is a stop second.

Also we do not obtain our current NF cases from a company named Longio. We get all case pieces (not finished cases) in individual parts.
All housing assembly takes place by Schaumburg Watch in Rinteln which can be confirmed by participants and visitors of the Schaumburger Watch Workshops. (http://www.lindburgh-benson.com/semi...inar-zwei.html)

Thus it is possible for us in Germany to coat the cases in the DeCoTech PVD plasma method or to assemble our own special seals, or to build in Luminova. These are just a few examples...
The advantage for the customer: If the watch has scratches on the PVD coating, we always have a possibility for re-coating in Germany after the initial purchase. More factors are the waterproofness and pressure tests. We have test cylinders which give us the possibility to test up to 600 bar. (6000 Meter) Thus we can also test each watch after the inspection for 100% security. We test numerous cases of different well-known Swiss and German Brands.

We don't want to plot a discussion with this statement. Only due to the many inquiries to this topic we regarded it as our obligation to post a statement concerning this matter.

NOTE: For us this situation is very unpleasant concerning our many Nauticfish customers in the USA. If there are problems we ask all our USA NauticFish customers and interested parties to contact us directly. We do have special offers for those who are interested.

Thank you and best regards
NAUTICFISH
Nautische Zeitmesser
Kirchplatz 5 & 6
D-31737 Rinteln / Germany
NAUTICFISH
[email protected]
----------------------------------------------------

And this I found on WUS from Enzo himself...

Originally Posted by ENZO MECHANA

this is an old discussion, indeed, as it twas mates, years back, we had a design, all our own, and when we started working with the folks in asia we began combining elements with their middle case and deconstructing, it was meant to be fun, as we were wanting to share and work together, benson was about to release the basic case, we didnt choose anything of the shelf as implied, i moved in the factory basically, for about 8 months or so, and worked on all details, tore off the crown protectors, designed the huge logo crown/back, all bezels, dials, hands, logo clasp, drilled holes in the case and bracelet, 5.5mm domed sapphire crystal, taught them qc points, and finishing points., designed a watch for them as well to use, etc., etc.
.........................................................................................

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

Some DIGGING ...

L&B Schaumburg Aquamatic #2 COSC 1000Meter dive watch that started the crazy of this case style!! This is the original and was the only case to be made in germany(enzo, deepblue, O7 and a host of others buy their case from Longio in china)!Seems Nauticfish dealer in the USA or Europe gave the case to Longio to copy and a lawsuit soon followed! (L&B is Nauticfish and Schaumburg) There are many copies but this is the one true piece that started this style!!

RELEASE FROM SCHAUMBURG

Dear Forum members,
we were contacted from different Forum members with the question whether we manufacture for the Brand DEEP BLUE. I hope our statement on this platform and to this topic is ok for you.
We do not manufacture watches for Deep Blue in fact we were surprised negatively from our NauticFish distributor in the USA. The trust-break was gigantic. Because of existing contracts we will take legal measures (against the NautictFish design copies). Among other things the ONE THOUSAND Case is registered by the German Brand and Patent Office in Munich. Also we do not use Mioyta Movements for the NauticFish Automatic watches because the least somebody can expect from an automatic watch starting from 300 US$ is a stop second.

Also we do not obtain our current NF cases from a company named Longio. We get all case pieces (not finished cases) in individual parts.
All housing assembly takes place by Schaumburg Watch in Rinteln which can be confirmed by participants and visitors of the Schaumburger Watch Workshops. (http://www.lindburgh-benson.com/semi...inar-zwei.html)

Thus it is possible for us in Germany to coat the cases in the DeCoTech PVD plasma method or to assemble our own special seals, or to build in Luminova. These are just a few examples...
The advantage for the customer: If the watch has scratches on the PVD coating, we always have a possibility for re-coating in Germany after the initial purchase. More factors are the waterproofness and pressure tests. We have test cylinders which give us the possibility to test up to 600 bar. (6000 Meter) Thus we can also test each watch after the inspection for 100% security. We test numerous cases of different well-known Swiss and German Brands.

We don't want to plot a discussion with this statement. Only due to the many inquiries to this topic we regarded it as our obligation to post a statement concerning this matter.

NOTE: For us this situation is very unpleasant concerning our many Nauticfish customers in the USA. If there are problems we ask all our USA NauticFish customers and interested parties to contact us directly. We do have special offers for those who are interested.

Thank you and best regards
NAUTICFISH
Nautische Zeitmesser
Kirchplatz 5 & 6
D-31737 Rinteln / Germany
NAUTICFISH
[email protected]
----------------------------------------------------

And this I found on WUS from Enzo himself...

Originally Posted by ENZO MECHANA

this is an old discussion, indeed, as it twas mates, years back, we had a design, all our own, and when we started working with the folks in asia we began combining elements with their middle case and deconstructing, it was meant to be fun, as we were wanting to share and work together, benson was about to release the basic case, we didnt choose anything of the shelf as implied, i moved in the factory basically, for about 8 months or so, and worked on all details, tore off the crown protectors, designed the huge logo crown/back, all bezels, dials, hands, logo clasp, drilled holes in the case and bracelet, 5.5mm domed sapphire crystal, taught them qc points, and finishing points., designed a watch for them as well to use, etc., etc.
.........................................................................................

Good job researching that! I remember the Enzo post. Wonder the status of L&B's lawsuit.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

No Idea about the lawsuit ......... ( and frankly, doesnt even matter... )

But I did enjoy the company of my Schaumburg ..roaming about all day today ! Love it on the Kain Heritage ...... will add some pics tonight !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts