WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Artego 300m Diver

This new 300m diver from Artego arrived yesterday, my initial impressions are that I am very happy with it. It arrived FedEx overnight from Hong Kong. The presentation box is a heavy black leather hinged box with tan lining, sorry, no shots of the box. It also comes with a warranty card. Overall fit and finish of the watch are right in line with it's pricing. I really like the styling of this watch, it takes many of it's design cues from dive watches of the 70's. The dial is ceramic with a deep black glossy finish, it is one of the deepest black finishes I have seen on a dial, very beautiful. Nice heavy duty, solid bracelet that is non-tapering to the fliplock clasp, (this bracelet appears to be the same as on the Halios watches). The 120 click bezel is classic in design with easily griped machined contours, the click action is a little rough though. Lume is outstanding on this watch, it is extremely bright when fully charged and lasts all night long. Even thought this is a large, heavy diver, it is well balanced on the wrist and is comfortable due to the relatively flat caseback.

Movement:
Miyota 8215 mechanical automatic, 21 jewels
40 hours power reserve, 21,600 beats per hour.

Dimensions
45 mm Diameter / Bezel 44 mm
50 mm lug end to lug end
24 mm lug width
15.5 mm height overall

Crystal
Sapphire, anti-reflective coating (inside only)

Overall I'm very happy with the purchase. If you are looking for a good diver that won't break the bank I would recommend the Artego.

For reference, I have a 7 1/4" wrist

·
Registered
721 Posts
Re: New Pics of the Artego 300m

Very nice

·
Registered
5,713 Posts

Darn that looks good! :p
But I have too much going on right now to even think about it.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts

Ok lume checks out - now its killing me to hold off buying one since I have too many incomings. Argh! As usual, DEMO posts the best pics.

·
Banned
325 Posts

Demo, amazing pics, thy look professional!:thanks

I've ordered the same version. Can't wait 'til it arrives which should be tomorrow.

Ola

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Looks great. The price makes it look even better |>

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

Posted earlier about my blue dial arrival, now have her sized and on the wrist for a couple of poor wrist shots. Great wrist presence and fits even my small 6 3/4" wrist nicely. Notice the large piece of debris around the 2 minute mark underneath the crystal, my picture makes it look smaller than it is, how this passed QC is beyond me. I have the tools and experience to repair this but I'm a little disappointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts

There is a lot to like about this new watch; but the chapter ring design is sloppy & ill-conceived... That font is terrible. If I could stop looking at the chapter ring, I'd probably buy one...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Great looking watch for the money. And top marks for the pictures as per usual Demo. :-!

·
Banned
2,637 Posts

Posted earlier about my blue dial arrival, now have her sized and on the wrist for a couple of poor wrist shots. Great wrist presence and fits even my small 6 3/4" wrist nicely. Notice the large piece of debris around the 2 minute mark underneath the crystal, my picture makes it look smaller than it is, how this passed QC is beyond me. I have the tools and experience to repair this but I'm a little disappointed.
Hopefully this is the only thing they missed!:think: Beautiful watch though.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

Shots look great guys!

Michael, that's a major bummer about the big ol' honkin piece o' junk under the crystal. Hopefully that's not representative of what folks should expect from these guys.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts

Dust speck not good. You plan on opening the case, dropping the movement and dial ? The profile shot looks good. Seems like a good chunk of steel.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts