WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Re: New Pics of the Artego 300m

Dust speck not good. You plan on opening the case, dropping the movement and dial ? The profile shot looks good. Seems like a good chunk of steel.
Not sure, It's about a 10 min job if you take your time but I've not decided what to do yet. If I knew for sure whether or not the chapter ring was stainless I could make up my mind on what to do. I think the watch would look awesome with a stainless (paint removed) chapter ring :think:. Probably gonna wait til I hear back from Artego before I start taking stuff apart.

·
Registered
879 Posts

Demo, Is the bracelet easily removable to accommodate a rubber strap or Nato? Looks like its got lug holes???

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Thanks guys,

With the hooded lugs this one would look good with so many straps. I'm thinking of trying a mesh and my Isofrane rubber. The bracelet is removed very easily with the drilled lug holes.

I really like the cushion case on this one, I've been wearing it all day and forget I've got it on. The lume is so bright that it even glows in the daylight. The crystal interior AR coating really eliminates a lot of glare and makes the crystal disappear.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Posted earlier about my blue dial arrival, now have her sized and on the wrist for a couple of poor wrist shots. Great wrist presence and fits even my small 6 3/4" wrist nicely. Notice the large piece of debris around the 2 minute mark underneath the crystal, my picture makes it look smaller than it is, how this passed QC is beyond me. I have the tools and experience to repair this but I'm a little disappointed.
Michael, that's a real bummer to see that debris under the crystal. Mine arrive completely clear of lint or specs. I hope you get it fixed one way or another.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

This one looks a lor like the trimix.

Hey Bill, yeah I can see some resemblance to the Trimix. But when you see the Artego in person there are many features that distiguish it in it's own identity.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts

Demo --
I am approx 1.5 hrs from getting mine, assuming FedX was able to locate the Rhino Ranch. How 'bout posting some more pics / side by side with Seiko Monster ?

Curious to know how the bezel might be removed, as I may want to polish the case. At least the sides. Any suggestions ?
Thanks,
Jim

·
6,885 Posts

Great photos DEMO! I would love to see a few shot with the Isofrane:)

·
Registered
200 Posts

That looks nice. I think it would look much better with different hand. Since I have a modern dial Heliox - I gues that is what I would prefer. But man, this could be a really cool project watch. Just swap out the hands and it would be soo cool..

·
Registered
12 Posts

wow, you make really perfect pictures demo !:-!
are you a professional photographer ? what camera and objectives do you use ?(sure you got that questions before - forgive me, i am a newbie here).
that artego you ordered is exactly the one i want, too !
now i have to think about how to finance it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

Demo --
I am approx 1.5 hrs from getting mine, assuming FedX was able to locate the Rhino Ranch. How 'bout posting some more pics / side by side with Seiko Monster ?

Curious to know how the bezel might be removed, as I may want to polish the case. At least the sides. Any suggestions ?
Thanks,
Jim
Jim, I'd bet the bezel will pop right off with a quality Bergeon knife. Remember, we needs pics when it shows up:-!.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts

Got mine ... sorry no pics. But here's my brief review.

FedX left the Tyvex package wrapped in a clear plastic bag hanging from the front door handle to the Rhino Ranch. There is a winter storm so it was good that the package wasn't in a cardboard box being pelted by the freezing rain and snow.

Inside the standard Tyvex shipping envelope is the vinyl case w/ white heavy stock slip cover. The vinyl case is more or less a display box approx 5"x4"x3.5" w/ fold back lid that displays the watch very nicely. I'm surprised no one has posted pics of this display case as it is really quite nice compared to Seiko's typical heavy paper stock boxes.

The watch is every bit as good or better than the pics. I know that this is not always the case. Sometimes the pictures are better than the product. The case is brushed, and very well finished. Much has already been stated about the heavy "Halios" style bracelet. FYI: the watch overall is quite different from the Holotype and in person is really quite distinct. The Holotype bezel is MUCH taller and goes the full width of the case. In contrast, Artego reminds me of Certina D2 [although I have never handled at D2] and I base this strictly on pics I've seen.

The watch was hanging out side in packaging long enough for it to be about 35 degrees when it was completely unboxed. The movement kicked in after a few swishes of the watch in my hand. That's a good sign. And with the protective plastic still on the sapphire crystal and the watch exposed to dull, flat natural lighting that you might expect at 6:30 PM in the a winter storm in the Rockies -- the indices and hands took on enough glow to indicate that this lume may keep up with a Monster.

The date window is very small... to the point where it might have been eliminated. So, for those of you who don't know if you want a date window or not, then this is a good choice.

Overall, this is a "keeper". The sort of big retro diver that you never had when you were a kid. Finish is nice enough that I will have no problem wearing this to the office. This one gets the Rhino full stamp of approval.

Sorry, no pics, I am still shopping for a camera.... probably get the Canon G11.

Jim

·
Registered
5,267 Posts

So, I'm on vacation and decided to pop in to WUS to see what's new and exciting. I see Dave's killer pictures of the new Artego diver, and now I'm planning on getting one when I get home next week. Truth be told, I'm supposed to be slimming down my collection, not adding to it, but seeing Dave's shots have a strange effect on my willpower as well as my wallet. Ahh the joys of being addicted to dive watches....;-)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

Overall, this is a "keeper". The sort of big retro diver that you never had when you were a kid. Finish is nice enough that I will have no problem wearing this to the office.
Great comment. I was just thinking the same as I'm inspecting mine which showed up today.

For the price, home run.

My two cents real quick:

-Black dial is amazing. A glossy, inky deep black that really lends a "luxo" feel to it.
-Lume is great, very happy with that although the hands might be just a tiny bit less bright than the indices. Maybe. Regardless, it lights up very well.
-Bezel action as mentioned before...little rough feeling. But, it still turns fine and the marker lines up spot on.
-Crown and crown operation. Perfect.
-Still not in love with the el cheapo looking font used on "300M" and chapter ring, but it's not that big of a deal in person. As much as you might think it's obvious in the pics, it's just not that intrusive in person.
-It's a biggun'! I knew the specs going in but once it's in your hand the weight makes it seem even bigger. Need to take some pics of it next to my Orient Star 300M.
-Was a little concerned about the possibility of the Miyota stutter, but no issues thus far.
-Really happy with the whole vintage vibe this thing exudes.
-Box is nice, warranty card seems kinda hokey, and there's no movement instructions. I don't need them, but if a first timer decides this will be his first automatic...it would be a nice touch. If for not other reason than to prevent an attempted date change when the time is showing 2AM for example. (Maybe there's some instructions on the website?)

Now, where's my bracelet screwdriver? |>

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

Thanks guys.

Jim, congrats on yours arriving, I'm glad FedEx found you up in the mountains :-d. The Artego is a cool watch.

Spring-Diver, when I get a chance I'll shoot some new pics of it on the Isofrane and a mesh.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

wow, you make really perfect pictures demo !:-!
are you a professional photographer ? what camera and objectives do you use ?(sure you got that questions before - forgive me, i am a newbie here).
that artego you ordered is exactly the one i want, too !
now i have to think about how to finance it.
Thanks PantaRei,

No, I am not a professional photographer, photography is just a hobby. I shoot with a Nikon D300s SLR. I have a variety of lenses but mainly shoot watches using a Nikkor f2.8 35-70mm. I have a studio setup with a light tent and photo lighting. After I shoot I use Photoshop software on my Mac to edit and fine tune the shots.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts