WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Re: New Pics of the Artego 300m

Damion, I recommend picking up an Artego. Even though you are trying to slim down the collection, the great thing about the Artego is it won't break the bank.... and it is friggin' cool. |>

·
Registered
12 Posts

Thanks PantaRei,

No, I am not a professional photographer, photography is just a hobby. I shoot with a Nikon D300s SLR. I have a variety of lenses but mainly shoot watches using a Nikkor f2.8 35-70mm. I have a studio setup with a light tent and photo lighting. After I shoot I use Photoshop software on my Mac to edit and fine tune the shots.
thanks for your info demo - now i need to check this. i am not very satisfied with my equipment, thats why i asked - but light tent and photo lighting plus image editing in photoshop sounds quite professional to me (i am graphic designer and have some experience with photo shootings) - keep on producing these crisp and amazing shots - these are really the best watch shots in wus and i enjoy them very much - sometimes your photos are even better than the shots on the websites of the watch brands.
:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts

Always a pleasure to view your work, Dave! Totally agree on your points the bezel does grind a bit, but is very secure and lines up beautifully. I have the same picks as except with a silver hand set. :-!

·
Registered
751 Posts

So, I'm on vacation and decided to pop in to WUS to see what's new and exciting. I see Dave's killer pictures of the new Artego diver, and now I'm planning on getting one when I get home next week. Truth be told, I'm supposed to be slimming down my collection, not adding to it, but seeing Dave's shots have a strange effect on my willpower as well as my wallet. Ahh the joys of being addicted to dive watches....;-)
Amen to that D! Just when I say to myself that the last arrival is THE ONE that's going to satiate my watch addiction, I peruse WUS and find something I have to have. I'm either going to beat you this Artego, or I'll cherry pick it off ya ;-)

·
Registered
751 Posts

I kept coming back to thread and the artego website, well guess what, I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger o| late last night (Friday)- hoping to have this beauty on my wrist before the end of next week! Must stop looking at watches!

·
Registered
37,701 Posts

congrats!!!! looks awesome... I'll be getting one myself this week-end
Cheers

·
Registered
3,304 Posts

Damion, I recommend picking up an Artego. Even though you are trying to slim down the collection, the great thing about the Artego is it won't break the bank.... and it is friggin' cool. |>
I'm really, really considering it... my doubt is regarding to the size, the watches that I wear more often are the Deep blue 2K and the Orsa Monstrum, I fear that the Artego will feel small on my wrist after wearing those two... I know it's only 1 mm diference,but sometimes 1mm is a lot, and the bezel on the artego is even smaller :-s I'm in doubt... Demo, I believe you have or had Orsas, can you tell me how they compare regarding size? You can see by my signature what I have right now...:thanks

If I don't pick up the Artego, I'm trying to find a Helson shark diver to fill my need for a new watch, I'm pretty sure that will have all the heft I want...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

I'm really, really considering it... my doubt is regarding to the size, the watches that I wear more often are the Deep blue 2K and the Orsa Monstrum, I fear that the Artego will feel small on my wrist after wearing those two... I know it's only 1 mm diference,but sometimes 1mm is a lot, and the bezel on the artego is even smaller :-s I'm in doubt... Demo, I believe you have or had Orsas, can you tell me how they compare regarding size? You can see by my signature what I have right now...:thanks

If I don't pick up the Artego, I'm trying to find a Helson shark diver to fill my need for a new watch, I'm pretty sure that will have all the heft I want...
I just posted a thread with the Artego compared to a Sumo and an Orient Star 300M, might be of help to you.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=394865

Bottom line, it's a sizeable watch. I thought my OS 300M would set the bar for my big watches, so I was a little surprised to find that the Artego comes pretty close to that.

The Sumo is considered a "large" watch by many, but it even it feels smallish next to the Artego.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts

I just posted a thread with the Artego compared to a Sumo and an Orient Star 300M, might be of help to you.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=394865

Bottom line, it's a sizeable watch. I thought my OS 300M would set the bar for my big watches, so I was a little surprised to find that the Artego comes pretty close to that.

The Sumo is considered a "large" watch by many, but it even it feels smallish next to the Artego.
Thanks :-! It will be usefull, although I haven't seen any of those two in person.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

Very Nice!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

What a great looking watch ! :-!
The deep black of the dial is impressive. I have this never seen before on a dial.
Reflects the dial ?

And the pictures are great |>

·
Registered
37,701 Posts

your pics and early impressions got me convinced, I ordered one yesterday and got a reply from Rob today, on a sunday!!:) Impressive!

·
Registered
125 Posts

So these ARE limited edition watches? says "110/200" on the back of that one... unless they are all #110 then nevermind.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I am continuing to really like the Artego Diver. Lately I've tried some different strap & mesh combos. Here are a couple I thought you guys would like to see.

Artego on the Isofrane strap:

Artego on heavy weight mesh:

·
Registered
37,701 Posts
Wow it looks great on the Isofrane!!!! My favorite. Not a fan of the mesh on this watch. Stock bracelet seems really good!:)

41 - 60 of 99 Posts