WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
British upstart brand, Pinion, have just announced their first chronograph, the Revival 1969, which attempts to blend vintage charm and modern design into one awesome looking watch. What do you guys think of the result? Obviously these are computer generated photos, but the production model is set to be ready for SalonQP later this year.

The R1969 will be a limited run of 100 pieces and will be powered by the Valjoux 7734 handwound movement originally manufactured in 1969. Pinion were able to acquire a significant number of NOS 7734s and have chosen to use them as the centerpiece to their new "Revival" series.

To me, this design draws instant appeal with its masculine case, multi-layered dial and monochromatic palette. For a chronograph, it isn't too busy, leaving only elements that add to the overall aesthetic.

Price is listed at $6850/£4950 and will come with a 2 year warranty, finely finished wooden presentation box, and leather strap.

I'm interested to hear what you guys think of this one!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Yep. Just like their first model, price is way out of line.

Maybe they should build themselves a reputation first before charging crazy money.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
It's the retro style of watch I'm seriously attracted to but the price should be no more than half of what's quoted!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts