WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased one of the new Seamaster Ploprofs on Ebay. I'm 99.9% sure everything is fine, but some of the pictures of the good fakes are kind of scary. I was surprised to find this out, as I figured the fakers would spend most of their efforts on more common and popular Planet Oceans and Speed Masters.

The good news is, it seems like all the top tier fakes have a serial number ending in 507, or perhaps no number. Mine has a different number.

Other reasons I'm sure it's real:

1) purchased from a pawn shop in the US that does a lot of ebay business and stands by their product. Doesn't mean they can't be fooled themselves though.
2) it came with everything it should have- I haven't found any evidence of the special neoprene box being faked yet, but I suppose you could find a real box if you looked hard enough.
3) Lume is very good.
4) Bezel works as it's supposed to
5) Crown guard fit is perfect, and the watch works like it's supposed to, although I don't have another 8500 to compare it to.
6) Omega logo doesn't have the "happy feet"

I can post pictures tomorrow if people are interested- but I'm trying to avoid having an AD pop the back off, due to the nature of this watch as a high water resistance piece.

Thanks very much for any advice.

On a side note, after looking at pictures of fakes, especially the good versions' casebacks, I think some of the Asian microbrands should find out who is doing them, and hire them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts