WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have a 6.5" (16.5cm), flat wrist. I've tried on both the 39.5mm and the 43.5mm and they would both work for me. I just need to decide whether I want to go for the old school Diver look of the 39.5mm or the newer trend of larger dive watches such as the 43.5mm.

I already have a Seamaster 300MC which is 41mm so I think I have the large dive watch category covered. I might have to go with the 39.5mm.

René
The ceramic one that @HiggsBoson has is a serious looker. That has been my pick for a while in PO lineup.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I have a 6.5" (16.5cm), flat wrist. I've tried on both the 39.5mm and the 43.5mm and they would both work for me. I just need to decide whether I want to go for the old school Diver look of the 39.5mm or the newer trend of larger dive watches such as the 43.5mm.

I already have a Seamaster 300MC which is 41mm so I think I have the large dive watch category covered. I might have to go with the 39.5mm.

René
I'd personally go for the 39.5mm, but can't go wrong with either. Good luck!

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
The ceramic one that @HiggsBoson has is a serious looker. That has been my pick for a while in PO lineup.
I agree. The 39.5mm ceramic PO is a beauty, for sure. I just prefer stainless steel myself.

René

Reactions: HiggsBoson

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Love it!

....seriously thinking about flipping my PO45 and going for the 43.5.......will see how the next few months plays out....
I have the 45.5 on that tough rubber strap. 2500c, solid back. Amazing watch. At times I think of letting it go but I’m afraid I might regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I'd personally go for the 39.5mm, but can't go wrong with either. Good luck!
Yeah, I think I'm leaning that way. Here is a picture I took atvthe AD of the 43.5MM kn my wrist;

20200815_221010.jpg

I apologize for the photo quality, but it gives an idea if the size and fit.

René

Reactions: cdub70

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Yeah, I think I'm leaning that way. Here is a picture I took atvthe AD of the 43.5MM kn my wrist;

View attachment 15643280

René
That looks smaller than I thought a 43.5mm would on a 6.5" wrist. Do you have a picture of the 39.5?

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
That looks smaller than I thought a 43.5mm would on a 6.5" wrist. Do you have a picture of the 39.5?
Yes, they wear a lot smaller than the numbers suggest. I had ruled it out completely before even trying it on. Once I tried it my decision became more difficult.

I'm trying to find a picture of the 39.5mm. I tried that one on at the OMEGA Boutique on a different day because the AD doesn't carry the 39.5mm. I can't seem to find it, but I'll keep looking.

Found it. PO 39.5mm on 6.5" (16.5cm) wrist;

20200926_123310.jpg

To me they wear small.

Yes they do.

René

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

View attachment 15643280

René
Yes, they wear a lot smaller than the numbers suggest. I had ruled it out completely before even trying it on. Once I tried it my decision became more difficult.

I'm trying to find a picture of the 39.5mm. I tried that one on at the OMEGA Boutique on a different day because the AD doesn't carry the 39.5mm. I can't seem to find it, but I'll keep looking.

Found it. PO 39.5mm on 6.5" (16.5cm) wrist;

View attachment 15643311

Yes they do.

René
Thank you for that. I know full body pictures always make watches smaller, and wrist shots always make watches larger, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that the 43.5mm in the first picture seems even smaller than the 39.5mm in the second picture. Based on the first picture the 43.5mm is too small even. But in the second picture, the 39.5mm looks great, possibly even a tad too large if it's not to be primarily a casual wearer. Very odd. Not to be difficult, but you are certain the first picture is not of the 39.5mm, right?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Thank you for that. I know full body pictures always make watches smaller, and wrist shots always make watches larger, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that the 43.5mm in the first picture seems even smaller than the 39.5mm in the second picture. Based on the first picture the 43.5mm is too small even. But in the second picture, the 39.5mm looks great, possibly even a tad too large if it's not to be primarily a casual wearer. Very odd. Not to be difficult, but you are certain the first picture is not of the 39.5mm, right?
Yes, it's definitely odd, but I'm certain the pictures are correct. I know this because the mirror shot was taken at the AD, who doesn't stock the 39.5mm PO. When I went to the OB to try on the 39.5mm they didn't have a 43.5mm on a bracelet...only the rubber backed gator strap.

Here is are a couple of picture to compare...

39.5mm on bracelet;

20200926_123310.jpg

43.5mm on strap;

20200926_123412.jpg

René

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Love it!

....seriously thinking about flipping my PO45 and going for the 43.5.......will see how the next few months plays out....
It would be a great move. The 43.5mm wears so well for its size due to the better engineered end links that allow the bracelet to hug the wrist better and not protrude beyond the end of the lugs like in the 45.5mm bracelet.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congrats, you will love as much tomorrow as you do today.
I have the exact same watch and it is very comfortable for its size on paper.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Yes, it's definitely odd, but I'm certain the pictures are correct. I know this because the mirror shot was taken at the AD, who doesn't stock the 39.5mm PO. When I went to the OB to try on the 39.5mm they didn't have a 43.5mm on a bracelet...only the rubber backed gator strap.

Here is are a couple of picture to compare...

39.5mm on bracelet;

View attachment 15643387

43.5mm on strap;

View attachment 15643388

René
You could pull off either size René. The 39.5mm looks more classically sized and the 43.5mm more modern. The 43.5mm is much thicker than than the 39.5mm version but it’s a non issue due to the added width.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It would be a great move. The 43.5mm wears so well for its size due to the better engineered end links that allow the bracelet to hug the wrist better and not protrude beyond the end of the lugs like in the 45.5mm bracelet.

I agree. I have the 45.5 on the rubber strap. Just doesn’t look right to me on the bracelet.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I’m thinking the 43.5 would have better resale value. Although I have nothing to back that up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on the new pick-up! I happen to be wearing my PO Titanium GMT today. It’s also 43.5 mm and wears great. The lighter titanium makes a difference for me.

Regards,

21 - 40 of 79 Posts