WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my new PO 2907.50.91 and absolutely love it!!! I love watches (in particular dive type watches) and have been on a quest for just exactly this watch for a long, long time (quite a few years). For me, this one was just about made to order...very exciting!!

I have been reading Dell Deaton's site about his same Planet Ocean, and all the items that came with his PO and noticed I was missing the polishing cloth:

http://www.delldeaton.com/Bond-21-blog-20061204.htm#20061215

This is a very, very minor thing, but was wondering if maybe this is the AD's oversight or maybe an item that usually is not included. Just curious. I'd appreciate hearing other's thoughts/experiences.

Thank you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The case of missing cloth

Well, when I got my PO the polishing cloth didn't come with the watch, I went back to the AD and asked for it, they told me that they didn't have one and I wasn't too happy about it...Couple months later I dropped the same AD checking out the Speedmaster and asked if they have any spare polishing cloth I could have, the sale lady told me she had very special one for me...which turned out to be the PO polishing cloth I was looking for b-) .

From what I heard, the watch and box/accessories were shipped seperately from the distributor to the AD and somehow the AD managed to misplaced these.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks oldman2005...maybe I will try contacting my AD tomorrow about this then. It can't hurt, right?

Thank you again for your response!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I was lucky enough to receive a polishing cloth with my PO that was purchased from a great seller over at TZ.

He could have easily kept the cloth, but did not. |>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should get a polishing cloth with your watch, but the problem has been Omega's fault, not the AD's.

...Anyway, if your AD does not have one available, insist that he order one for you from Omega. You are definitely entitled to it.

-John

Thank you John and "TG" I really appreciate hearing this. I wasn't sure if I was being a little to picky, but it would be nice to have. I will definitely give him a call.

Thank you again!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Was I supposed to get a polishing cloth with my SMP 2254.50?
Just wondering I won't loose any sleep over it.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Sorry, dayz, but they only supply the polishing cloth with the PO since it has "Planet Ocean" imprinted on it.
So you got yourself the SMP? Well done. Did you get treated okay by the AD? Did they look after you on price?

teeritz

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry, dayz, but they only supply the polishing cloth with the PO since it has "Planet Ocean" imprinted on it.
So you got yourself the SMP? Well done. Did you get treated okay by the AD? Did they look after you on price?

teeritz
Yes I did finally!! I've had it for one week and 3 days now. I got $NZ600 off asking price paying cash. As far as the AD was concerned I felt I knew more about the watch than the sales assistant. They where very pleasant though and not so snobby as some as the other AD's I had checked out.
The 2254.50 is keeping great time in fact in the last 24hours it hasn't lost or gained a second, so I'm very happy.
Still getting used to the size (my last watch was a tag diver @ 32mm) on my 7.1/4" wrist.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So am I right to say that a polish cloth is supposed to come with every PO as part of its complete accessories? What about hang-tags as what Dell Deaton had mentioned? Are they specific only to the LE CR PO?

Thanks!

Regards,
w a y

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, the polish cloth is supposed to come with every PO. Just that very often the sales assistants forget. Try going back for it. The hang tags as well. ( i believe the watch's serial number is printed on the reverse of the hang tag...)

I had to ask for both the cloth and the hang tag in my case...

(also in Singapore)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Right on the money, John! The PO-S(pun intended) really did bin the ivory coloured tag the moment he brought my PO into the workshop to size the bracelet. I definitely made my displeasure felt. Still, I'm happy enough to have managed to get the gray co-ax hang-tag and the polish cloth. I'm quite sure, I must've left the impression of being really anal or hard-up to want the nitty-gritty stuff. Non-WISs will never understand. ;-)

So having seen the gray hang-tag, as I understand it, the local Swatch Group Service Centre warranties the PO for 2-years. But the hang-tag says it has a 3-year warranty on the co-axial escapement? :-s

BR,
w a y

Some "less than intelligent" dealers throw the hang tags away after they remove them to size the watch bracelet, but hopefully you can still get yours.

-John

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, a Planet Ocean should come with TWO hang tags in addition to the polishing cloth. One is gray and has the co-axial logo on it.
When I buying my Speedmaster Gemini, I made sure I got all the Omega stuffs that came with the watch, at one point I was jokingly asking the sale person why the Speedmaster didn't have the Co-Axial tag like my PO...Guess what??? When at home, I realized that inside my Speedmaster box there' is a Omega Co-Axial hang tag. Now have an extra one :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts