WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So an update that I’ll post about in a separate thread. Had the clasp switched out to the shorter version without the dive extension. SO much better for me. The bracelet is comfortable from the start, but the length of the clasp takes away the flexibility of the bracelet and makes it feel a little uncomfortable in the heat.

Like an idiot, had the links ready to go for when I left the house, and forgot them at home. So the clasp is installed, tonight I’m going to add my 2 half links and it should get it right where I wanted it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I have always felt orange was the unofficial colour of the PO line! It’s what attracted me into buying mine back in 2008…the first generation POs.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Really well put! Been wearing it a lot, and my happiness with it has grown. 10 days in and gained just 8 seconds. Accuracy of less than + 1 second per day, how can you beat that?

I find the bracelet incredible comfortable, but struggled with the clasp on and off over the last few days. The length, along with my wrist swelling made it feel a little tighter than I like at some points. I even looked into potentially swapping it for the older version. I think it stretched minimally, or I’m getting used to it a lot more, I haven’t dealt with that the last few days. Most people seem to prefer the expanding clasp, I’d personally be okay with it being more flush with the bracelet and a little thinner. But it’s growing on me.

Grab the OEM rubber. I love swapping it between rubber and bracelet. It's even worth the occasional light lug scratch

·
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Over a month later and this watch has not disappointed. I’ve been wearing it a lot. That change with the clasp and half link we’re a game changer. Just that little size difference made this watch absolutely perfect!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Watch Analog watch Hand Watch accessory Clock

I'll will start by typing that if you are in the market for an OMEGA, (They are hella nice watches BTW.) you can not go wrong with Rob at Topper Jewelers.

So much to like about the PLANET OCEAN!! One of my favorites albeit with just a little less orange is pictured above!!

Doug FNJ I am not trying to doubt you, but aren't the lugs 21mm? I enjoyed your thread on hunting down a Submariner. (BTW I had confidence that you would get one in no time, the whole time.) How does that compare to your PLANET OCEAN?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
PO is the best watch for the money hands down. Beats out any Rolex and day. Sold all my Rollies and just love Omega and the occasional Tudor. The 8900 43.5 has great wrist presence but easily fits a wrist 6.25 inches or bigger based on the awesome lug shape. Only seems big for about the first day and then you realize you could wear a watch much bigger. I’ve had mine on 24-7 for weeks and don’t even notice it. Congrats on yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
View attachment 16738592
I'll will start by typing that if you are in the market for an OMEGA, (They are hella nice watches BTW.) you can not go wrong with Rob at Topper Jewelers.

So much to like about the PLANET OCEAN!! One of my favorites albeit with just a little less orange is pictured above!!

Doug FNJ I am not trying to doubt you, but aren't the lugs 21mm? I enjoyed your thread on hunting down a Submariner. (BTW I had confidence that you would get one in no time, the whole time.) How does that compare to your PLANET OCEAN?
100% vouch for Topper. I’ve bought a LOT of watches over a lot of years, and if they were local to me, I’d be in real trouble.

You are right about the lug width, and I’m going to correct my answer above. Did a quick google search on the lugs and it showed 20mm. After reading this went directly to Omega page and it shows 21. Thanks for the correction there.

Regarding my Sub, I absolutely love that watch. That post was fun to do, and I was, and still am blown away that I was able to get it so quick. PO is a nice alternative. My Sub gets worn a lot, my PO is my nice chunky tool out and about watch. I’m going to write up a comparison review. To me, they compliment each other.

PO is the best watch for the money hands down. Beats out any Rolex and day. Sold all my Rollies and just love Omega and the occasional Tudor. The 8900 43.5 has great wrist presence but easily fits a wrist 6.25 inches or bigger based on the awesome lug shape. Only seems big for about the first day and then you realize you could wear a watch much bigger. I’ve had mine on 24-7 for weeks and don’t even notice it. Congrats on yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you. Could never sell my Sub or DJ. They have their firm place in the collection as does my PO. My Sub and DJ are my more conservative part of my collection, my PO is my really fun watch with the orange pop!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
100% vouch for Topper. I’ve bought a LOT of watches over a lot of years, and if they were local to me, I’d be in real trouble.

You are right about the lug width, and I’m going to correct my answer above. Did a quick google search on the lugs and it showed 20mm. After reading this went directly to Omega page and it shows 21. Thanks for the correction there.

Regarding my Sub, I absolutely love that watch. That post was fun to do, and I was, and still am blown away that I was able to get it so quick. PO is a nice alternative. My Sub gets worn a lot, my PO is my nice chunky tool out and about watch. I’m going to write up a comparison review. To me, they compliment each other.

Thank you. Could never sell my Sub or DJ. They have their firm place in the collection as does my PO. My Sub and DJ are my more conservative part of my collection, my PO is my really fun watch with the orange pop!

Fun fun fun till my daddy took my po away....

·
Registered
23 Posts
So an update that I’ll post about in a separate thread. Had the clasp switched out to the shorter version without the dive extension. SO much better for me. The bracelet is comfortable from the start, but the length of the clasp takes away the flexibility of the bracelet and makes it feel a little uncomfortable in the heat.

Like an idiot, had the links ready to go for when I left the house, and forgot them at home. So the clasp is installed, tonight I’m going to add my 2 half links and it should get it right where I wanted it to be.

You know, the bracelet fit is something I don’t always see a lot of discussion about…I end up putting straps on some of my watches simply because I feel like I can’t get the bracelet to fit well consistently. The only exception is my Constellation: that is the most comfortable bracelet/watch I have. I have a Tudor 1926, white dial/blue indices, that I fell in love with the moment I saw it and that bracelet (I think it’s a sort of jubilee OEM) doesn’t compliment the watch and always feels too sloppy. Comfort is a moral imperative!

·
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You know, the bracelet fit is something I don’t always see a lot of discussion about…I end up putting straps on some of my watches simply because I feel like I can’t get the bracelet to fit well consistently. The only exception is my Constellation: that is the most comfortable bracelet/watch I have. I have a Tudor 1926, white dial/blue indices, that I fell in love with the moment I saw it and that bracelet (I think it’s a sort of jubilee OEM) doesn’t compliment the watch and always feels too sloppy. Comfort is a moral imperative!
Bracelet needs to be comfortable. One of the best I ever had which I still regret selling was my old Seamaster Pro Quartz. I recently got the Black Bay Pro, another comfortable bracelet.

·
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
21 - 39 of 39 Posts