WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I posted about my first Russian watch (poljot aviator chrono), you guys warned me, it would't be my last Russian, you were right indeed, since then I've bought a G-Shock and two Russians! Wus really triggered my interest in watches, mainly hanging in the dutch sub-forum.

That said, let me show the Russians to you.

A Pobeda propeganda watch. I don't know much of it, I was told it should be from the late 80's - early 90's. I've buyed a nice Warsaw Pact strap for it. I think it's too small (36mm) so I don't wear it, unfortunately.

And of course a Vostok, since day one I've had an Amphibia itch that finaly got cured (allltough 1 amphib is not enough i'm affraid, time will tell)

Equipped it with a Bonetto Cinturini strap, I'm quite pleased with the watch it feels very special. I still wan't to replace the bezel for the Dave Murphy one once he makes more of them (he's out of stock at the moment).

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Racka,

These look like very sensible additions indeed. No need for me to tell you about the Amphibia Ministry. but the Pobeda in this particular case really calls out for a bund strap, perhaps a dark chocolate colour one. What do you think?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Racka,

These look like very sensible additions indeed. No need for me to tell you about the Amphibia Ministry. but the Pobeda in this particular case really calls out for a bund strap, perhaps a dark chocolate colour one. What do you think?
A bund strap was advised to me by another forum member aswell, sounds as a good option. Although I kinda' gave up hope I will give it a another shot then.

Seele, I've had a chat with you a while ago about modding and sandblasting a Vostok. I was bidding on one on ebay but lost. The bezel is one thing I really want to change because I think it's too shiny now, but after that I won't mess with it anymore.

very nice Pobeda and the ministry! Congrats!
Great Amphib.and love the strap, Congrats.

A G ? think I may have heard somewhere ?
Thanks guys.

Strela167, what do you mean by A G?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I like the ministry Vostok. I'm tempted to get one with the ministry case, but I just got the blue dude with round case and love it. I'm not sure how I would like the ministry case on my wrist, but in pictures it looks good. I haven't been wearing my other watches since I got my Vostok.

·
4,410 Posts
I the poster was referring to a G-Shock watch made by Casio. They are quite common, however, I take it you don't own one.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Lester, I am wearing my "Red 12" Pobeda now, 29mm diameter on a standard strap, and it looks fine. It's just the styling of the rather large lugs on Racka's which makes the watch body looks somewhat smaller than it is.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
36mm isn't small, the trend for ever larger is strange to me, why 50mm + ?
not too long ago a mans watch was 1 1/4 ", military 1 1/2 " afaik
LGIM0020.jpg
I know...but...32mm
LGIM0119.jpg
a 21mm x 38 across lugs...sort of russian'ish

btw a G shock ? digital ? come on, with your russkies ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahah are you anti-G? I didn't think I would wear a digital watch ever, but when Sjors, the moderator of the G-Shock forum is on the same dutch forum ending up with a G is inevidable. There are a lot of G-shock lovers and I let them talk me in to buying one. I must say I don't regret it. I think you will like it too. Have you ever tried one on? I'm not sure I would like a simple black one but the collorfull ones are really cool. Their kinda' fashion'ish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts