WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this and didn't see it posted yet. I'm not well versed on the Japanese market, but I believe it's a fashion company there (someone correct me please). Release date Feb 6th 2016 according to the article. It was also posted on g-central.

Article link:
PORTER X G-SHOCK 80th Anniversary Watch | Highsnobiety

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454259101.141838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454259112.765147.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454259183.928808.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Maybe it's the orange, but with the matte black finish, I really like this. But I'm sort of done with negative displays. Unless the background is some colour other than black that is...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe it's the orange, but with the matte black finish, I really like this. But I'm sort of done with negative displays. Unless the background is some colour other than black that is...
Agreed. Not a fan of the negative displays either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,982 Posts

If you are referring to the resin, it's green. I had a G-5600KG-3 and a G6900KG-3 and they looked amazing. As does this one. But IMO the negative screen was too difficult to read. So I sold them both.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Couple other small differences compared to the g-5600KG. The 8 symmetrical stars do look better, also has the orange rectangular around the LCD.

G-5600KG

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Couple other small differences compared to the g-5600KG. The 8 symmetrical stars do look better, also has the orange rectangular around the LCD.

G-5600KG
...IF only the negative screen was as good as this pic. Why do Casio cheat themselves out of so many buyers, with their dud negative screens - beats me!!

kev

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a few Porter bags and wallets I bought in Japan. They make really nice stuff. My first trip to Japan in 2005, I bought a walking bag and still use it. Back then they were impossible to find in the US. Very old Japanese brand....you see many people carrying them there.

I am going to try and get that watch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts