WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a new PRC200 automatic. It doesn't seem to store enough power to keep it running over night. The minimal instructions advise 30 to 40 manual winds to get the power reserve up, but I find that the watch stops after only a few hours when not worn. I have even taken to wearing it continuously, even at night, but yet still last night it stopped a couple of hours after I went to bed. Given that I have worn it continuously for several days, I am surprised that this watch doesn't seem to get anwhere near a 24 hour power reserve. Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same watch and haven't had any problems. I take it off every night and sometimes don't wear it all day. I haven't had mine stop. I just wound it when I first got it and it's been good ever since (granted it's only been about 3 weeks). It sounds like you may have a defective unit. I would send it back to Tissot or take it to your AD. Sorry to hear the bad news, but it's a very reliable and accurate watch once you get one that works. (mine's averaging +3-4 sec/day). Good luck

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a PRC200 Auto chrono, and noticed that the automatic function of the watch is made for very active people. I'm an active person -- sometimes. I love to run and workout. So when I wear my PRC200 auto chrono while running or working out with a lot of arm movement, the watch seems to love it.

I've found out if you just sit and shake the watch for 2 to 3 minutes before going to bed, it will have no problem keeping time. Be aggressive too, this movement likes activity for some reason.

I'm not sure why they didn't make it a unidirectional movement. It is only counterclockwise winding, and just watching how it winds when I shake it, I see exactly why it doesn't keep a good power reserve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. My watch has been running continuously for several days now. I went for broke and manually wound the watch about 60 turns (instead of the recommended 30-40) and have been wearing it continously - it is running fine, keeping good time. I guess I just needed to get the power store up to a higher basic level to enable it to keep running during periods of reduced activity. I don't think it's time to send it in just yet....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same watch and haven't had any problems. I take it off every night and sometimes don't wear it all day. I haven't had mine stop. I just wound it when I first got it and it's been good ever since (granted it's only been about 3 weeks).

It sounds like you may have a defective unit. I would send it back to Tissot or take it to your AD. Sorry to hear the bad news, but it's a very reliable and accurate watch once you get one that works. (mine's averaging +3-4 sec/day). Good luck
You must be the lucky ONE to have a working and fully functioning automatic Tissot watch.

I have a similiar problem where it just stops on my hand and i have owned it for six months. As for taking back to Tissot you obviously havent dealt with them when it comes to their crap product.

There is no such thing as getting a replacement. It has to go back three times with the same fault before they will consider the watch is faulty. And they will take six weeks minimum to return it to you after you send it to them. so effectively within the first two years of the warranty period you have to be without your watch for half a year before they will consider it defective. The warranty is a JOKE

There are lots of posts on here about how the watch stops. The watch is a dog and as much as it looks good, it aint no good if it doesnt tell the time or is sitting at the Tissot representative getting repaired.

I would not buy an automatic watch from Tissot.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would not buy and automatic watch from Tissot.
And I wouldn't generalize like that. Granted, I've read a few threads here about the PRC200 auto, but that is about the only automatic watch from Tissot that I've read about any problems so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ tiger

So based on a single experience with a single watch and a single regional warranty service provider you've dismissed the model as rubbish and all the auto watches a manufacturer makes, and the manufacturer too. Nonsense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't blame you for being aggravated, but by generalizing and saying that all Tissot automatic watches are crap, you lose any credibility you may have had. Tissot has been making and selling automatic watches since before you were born and have a reputation of making a fine product. There are more people who have had positive experiences with Tissot than with stories like yours. So just relax, do what you need to do to get the watch serviced or replaced and try to enjoy it.

You must be the lucky ONE to have a working and fully functioning automatic Tissot watch.

I have a similiar problem where it just stops on my hand and i have owned it for six months. As for taking back to Tissot you obviously havent dealt with them when it comes to their crap product.

There is no such thing as getting a replacement. It has to go back three times with the same fault before they will consider the watch is faulty. And they will take six weeks minimum to return it to you after you send it to them. so effectively within the first two years of the warranty period you have to be without your watch for half a year before they will consider it defective. The warranty is a JOKE

There are lots of posts on here about how the watch stops. The watch is a dog and as much as it looks good, it aint no good if it doesnt tell the time or is sitting at the Tissot representative getting repaired.

I would not buy an automatic watch from Tissot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts