WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eddie Platts has announced the new Precista Quartz Chronograph, the PRS-17C. It will be housed in the familiar PRS-17 case and feature an ETA movement with central-minute counter:

See: http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25113&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The watch can be ordered at www.timefactors.com once Eddie opens up for business again on 7 January after the holiday break. Retail price is GBP 185, which may well be considered a bargain. :)

I am planning on getting one of the watches, and report back. While the ETA quartz movement is clearly not a Lemania 5100, the great legibility of the central-minute counter should be in evidence just as well. It's also great to have a chronograph in a moderate size at long last.

Personally, I think the aviation-layout of the 60-minuzte bezel is well considered feature. Additionally, Eddie will explore the possibility that a 12h bezel variant for self-mounting could be provided.

S

·
0 Posts
If you go for it...

.......make sure you`ll put a yellow stiched strap on it (as seen on Tragic´s Damasko):

Pic borrowed from qualitytyme :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Precista Quartz Chronograph and strap idea....

Martin,

It looks like Eddie Platts has done it again! After his enormous sucess with the Dreadnought (a diver's watch that quickly sold out and then began to go up in value) and his previous Precista watches he has now designed and had made an excellent-looking chronograph. It is interesting to see the hand reminiscent of the Lemania 5100 and also the hour hand that reminds one of the IWC Mk series, both very attractive features IMHO.

I await your report with great interest - thanks!

Mike, the yellow-stitched strap looks very good - nice idea!

Cheers,

·
Registered
982 Posts
Eddie Platts has announced the new Precista Quartz Chronograph, the PRS-17C. It will be housed in the familiar PRS-17 case and feature an ETA movement with central-minute counter:

See: http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25113&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The watch can be ordered at www.timefactors.com once Eddie opens up for business again on 7 January after the holiday break. Retail price is GBP 185, which may well be considered a bargain. :)

I am planning on getting one of the watches, and report back. While the ETA quartz movement is clearly not a Lemania 5100, the great legibility of the central-minute counter should be in evidence just as well. It's also great to have a chronograph in a moderate size at long last.

Personally, I think the aviation-layout of the 60-minuzte bezel is well considered feature. Additionally, Eddie will explore the possibility that a 12h bezel variant for self-mounting could be provided.
Very nice! And for those of us that are able to put aside a rather irrational preference for mechanicals, it makes a lot of sense. Specially for that price. The only thing I find hard to like is the 2-6-10 subregister layout. But I still love the package as a whole. It's probably comfortable to wear too, with a light and flat case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts