WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have been waiting for this one, had it on order, and it was shipped immediately when this new model was released in Japan. I just received it today - here are a few quick pics. ;-)

I have to say, I'm very happy with it. The look and feel of it surpasses my expectations. I was already familiar with what to expect from the module.

I also have a PRG-270, and this one was about 1.5 times more expensive than the 270. And you know what? It shows with this PRW-3500. Primary differences -- 3500 has a metal (and rotating) bezel, better quality buttons, a much better (no doubt stronger) strap attachment system, 200m WR, atomic, and a strap that feels like it is of higher quality. (less of a "plasticky" feel than the strap on the 270) Don't get me wrong, the 270 is GREAT for the money, but IMO this one blows it out of the water - as you might expect for the price difference. I'll add some side-by-side pics at a later date. If I were going on a hard-core outdoor adventure and needed a Protrek to stand up to all kinds of nasty elements and rough duty, I wouldn't even think twice -- would pick the 3500 any day of the week.

Hope you enjoy the pics! :) Sorry for the lousy indoor shots but it's a bit cold outside right now for a photoshoot -- at about 17 deg F! :-d

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks and really nice watch. I was considering a Prg270, a Prw3000 and also considering waitng for this 3500 but I eventually get a 270 as 3500 is too expensive to me. Though I am really happy with my 270 now but the rotatable bazel and 200m WR really had my eyes. Thanks for sharing. Nice watch! I would like to see it on your wrist.

BTW, How much did u get this?

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New PRW-3500 -- some quick pics!!

Thanks and really nice watch. I was considering a Prg270, a Prw3000 and also considering waitng for this 3500 but I eventually get a 270 as 3500 is too expensive to me. Though I am really happy with my 270 now but the rotatable bazel and 200m WR really had my eyes. Thanks for sharing. Nice watch! I would like to see it on your wrist.

BTW, How much did u get this?
Thanks. I'll add wrist shots at a later time too. I got it at the current price it's available for now on Rakuten. (actually a little less as I had some Rakuten points to use)

·
Premium Member
14,979 Posts

Very sweet and nice to see real life pictures! More pictures please. I was not expecting a rotatable bezel. How does it feel, is it snug like the PAW-1500 or sloppy loose like the PRW-2500?

I am loving that SS bezel. Not concerned with price you paid but, if I may ask, which seller did you use?

Thanks again for the pictures, I've been waiting for them

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The watch looks much better in person than the official pictures, however I still prefer the looks of my 3000. Anyway, congrats on the new watch!
Thanks! I agree, it looks much better in person than the pics. It's a good deal bigger than the 3000. Both in diameter and height, as far as I can tell. Will take measurements another day.

Sorry guys, but I have to go to bed now, and probably won't be writing much this week. Will add more this weekend!

Very sweet and nice to see real life pictures! More pictures please. I was not expecting a rotatable bezel. How does it feel, is it snug like the PAW-1500 or sloppy loose like the PRW-2500?

I am loving that SS bezel. Not concerned with price you paid but, if I may ask, which seller did you use?

Thanks again for the pictures, I've been waiting for them
Thanks! How does the bezel feel? Not really sure how to describe it. It's easy to turn, smooth, but don't think it would move by itself unless perhaps it gets bumped on a rock. I'm pretty impressed with the looks of the bezel, myself.

I used Quelleheure. (had to look up the spelling!) This was my 2nd purchase from them (the other was a GPW-1000), and my experience has been excellent service from them. They emailed me shortly after my order was placed and told me they'd ship the watch on the 20th (its release date) -- and I got another email on Feb 19th stating that it was shipped! (when I was emailed in the States on the 19th it was the 20th in Japan)

Will add more (and better) pics on the weekend. Won't really have time before that. I will try to capture all angles of the watch! ;-)

Reactions: Plasticmonky

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Hey guys, I have been waiting for this one, had it on order, and it was shipped immediately when this new model was released in Japan. I just received it today - here are a few quick pics. ;-)

I have to say, I'm very happy with it. The look and feel of it surpasses my expectations. I was already familiar with what to expect from the module.

I also have a PRG-270, and this one was about 1.5 times more expensive than the 270. And you know what? It shows with this PRW-3500. Primary differences -- 3500 has a metal (and rotating) bezel, better quality buttons, a much better (no doubt stronger) strap attachment system, 200m WR, atomic, and a strap that feels like it is of higher quality. (less of a "plasticky" feel than the strap on the 270) Don't get me wrong, the 270 is GREAT for the money, but IMO this one blows it out of the water - as you might expect for the price difference. I'll add some side-by-side pics at a later date. If I were going on a hard-core outdoor adventure and needed a Protrek to stand up to all kinds of nasty elements and rough duty, I wouldn't even think twice -- would pick the 3500 any day of the week.

Hope you enjoy the pics! :) Sorry for the lousy indoor shots but it's a bit cold outside right now for a photoshoot -- at about 17 deg F! :-d

thanks for pics.i wanted to know if bezel is as shiny as some pictures show.so bezel is not shiny but "mellowed down " color.i like its color.
one weakness prw 3000 had was its strap structure.casio should use this strap ( used in 3500) in every protrek.its the most tough and comfortable strap plus fits on many of protreks.
but size of prw 3500 is bit larger .i wish they had given same looks in prw 3000 or prg 270 size.
anyway good looking piece.prices will not come down though for few months atleast.its titanium strap version is coming out next month than may be resin strap one prices come down a bit.

PRG260 56.3 x 50.6 x 15.6mm / 87g
PRG270 54.6 x 52.4 x 14.4mm / 67g
PRG550 56.8 x 49.3 x 14.2mm / 79.6g
PRW3000 56.0 x 47.0 x 12.3mm / 62g
GW9400 55.2 × 53.5 × 18.2 mm / 93g

PRW3500 56.9 x 53.4 x 14.5mm / 89g
gwn 1000. 44.9 × 55.8 × 16.2 mm

·
Registered
4,691 Posts

Very nice acquisition Time4Playnow!

The PRW3500 shares the same resin band and couple other parts as the PRG260 and PRG550, confirmed by Pacparts. Yes, the watch's not on sale yet in the States, but they're sell parts already! LOL ;-) So those of you who owned those two watches, you've got interchangeable parts.

In many ways, the 3500 is very similar to the 260, I wonder how will they compare.

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Registered
71 Posts

Bigger and heavier than PRG550? I wonder why... it is the module from PRW3000 in a case PRG550-like. No analog motors or "difficult" parts to fit in. I guess is the looks and maybe some more rubber inside for extra shock resistance.
Great looking, thanks for pics. I totally like bigger watches and the design on PRW3500 is quite appealing.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts

Bigger and heavier than PRG550? I wonder why...
The PRG550's 100m WR, both the PRG260 and PRW3500 are 200m WR. I guess it adds more weight to make the case with higher water pressure resistance. On top of that, the PRG260 also uses the bulkier V2 sensors, that's why it's the heaviest.

Oh wait... the PRW3500 is 2g heavier than the PRG260, now I am stunned...

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Registered
47 Posts

Congratulations on this purchase and best of luck. It is a very fine watch

·
Premium Member
14,979 Posts

Do any of you guys have the orange one on order? I am curious to see what looks like with real world pictures.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

thanks for pics.i wanted to know if bezel is as shiny as some pictures show.so bezel is not shiny but "mellowed down " color.i like its color.
one weakness prw 3000 had was its strap structure.casio should use this strap ( used in 3500) in every protrek.its the most tough and comfortable strap plus fits on many of protreks.
but size of prw 3500 is bit larger .i wish they had given same looks in prw 3000 or prg 270 size.
anyway good looking piece.prices will not come down though for few months atleast.its titanium strap version is coming out next month than may be resin strap one prices come down a bit.

PRG260 56.3 x 50.6 x 15.6mm / 87g
PRG270 54.6 x 52.4 x 14.4mm / 67g
PRG550 56.8 x 49.3 x 14.2mm / 79.6g
PRW3000 56.0 x 47.0 x 12.3mm / 62g
GW9400 55.2 × 53.5 × 18.2 mm / 93g
PRW3500 56.9 x 53.4 x 14.5mm / 89g
gwn 1000. 44.9 × 55.8 × 16.2 mm
No problem. I'm not sure the bezel tone comes through really well in my pics since the lighting wasn't great. The bezel is only shiny on the parts where the "N," "S," "E," and "W" are. The rest of the bezel is more of a matte finish. Outdoor pics, when I can take them, should show the bezel color a little better.

Curious why you say the prw 3000 has a weak strap structure? You don't mean where the strap attaches to the case, do you? Cause it looks real similar to the 3500's method of attachment.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Very nice acquisition Time4Playnow!

The PRW3500 shares the same resin band and couple other parts as the PRG260 and PRG550, confirmed by Pacparts. Yes, the watch's not on sale yet in the States, but they're sell parts already! LOL ;-) So those of you who owned those two watches, you've got interchangeable parts.

In many ways, the 3500 is very similar to the 260, I wonder how will they compare.
Thank you! I didn't know that the 3500 has the same band as those other watches -- neither of which I own. I can tell you that before I received the 3500, I thought I'd be putting a zulu strap on it. But I actually like the strap a lot - it's very comfortable, so I think I'll just leave the stock strap on it. ;-)

Reactions: Watch_Geekmaster

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Do any of you guys have the orange one on order? I am curious to see what looks like with real world pictures.
Not me! hehe I must admit though that I do like the look of the orange one. (but not as much as the one I got)

I think you'll be pretty impressed with the looks of the 3500 once I can post some outdoor pics with good lighting. It's a sharp one! Especially for a digital watch, I think it looks very good. What I mean by that is, for me usually analogs have a sharper, more upscale look -- but not with this one, so much. Casio has really done a nice job with it. To me it looks way better than the stock photos I've seen of it. ;-)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

No problem. I'm not sure the bezel tone comes through really well in my pics since the lighting wasn't great. The bezel is only shiny on the parts where the "N," "S," "E," and "W" are. The rest of the bezel is more of a matte finish. Outdoor pics, when I can take them, should show the bezel color a little better.

Curious why you say the prw 3000 has a weak strap structure? You don't mean where the strap attaches to the case, do you? Cause it looks real similar to the 3500's method of attachment.
not weak per se.i ment compared to prg/prw 550/250/260/3500 strap....prw 3000 strap is also thinner/narrower and softer and that atleast gives feel of being less strong.dont know how it behave over time though

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

The PRG550's 100m WR, both the PRG260 and PRW3500 are 200m WR. I guess it adds more weight to make the case with higher water pressure resistance. On top of that, the PRG260 also uses the bulkier V2 sensors, that's why it's the heaviest.

Oh wait... the PRW3500 is 2g heavier than the PRG260, now I am stunned...
v2 sensor does not necessirily mean heavier watch.prw 3000 and prg 240 were one of lightest protreks i ever used.they were almost equal in weight to prw 3000/prg 270

·
Premium Member
14,979 Posts

Sounds to me like it has the build quality of the old PAW-1500. It also seems, based on your description, the bezel is the same type as the PAW-1500; brushed SS except over the compass markings of E,W,N,S.
My PRG-260 is being delivered today. It will be real hard not to order the PRW-3500 very soon. Especially with enough funds sitting in PayPal to cover it. :roll::-d

Not me! hehe I must admit though that I do like the look of the orange one. (but not as much as the one I got)

I think you'll be pretty impressed with the looks of the 3500 once I can post some outdoor pics with good lighting. It's a sharp one! Especially for a digital watch, I think it looks very good. What I mean by that is, for me usually analogs have a sharper, more upscale look -- but not with this one, so much. Casio has really done a nice job with it. To me it looks way better than the stock photos I've seen of it. ;-)

1 - 20 of 518 Posts